PDA

View Full Version : KU Water Bottle attachment mod/option?

Robbie
04-11-2013, 06:06 AM
I really like the KU water bottle pouch. I wonder if it would be feasable to offer it with the same attachment system as the other KU pouches so it could be more easily mounted to the Tactical and new Hunting belts? Thanks Robbie

Take-a-knee
04-11-2013, 09:20 AM
I like the KU bottle pouch but I HATE the way it attatches. It flaps and flops incessantly when you walk.

floranama
04-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Agree with both of you. I like the open top bottle holder type, but the KU bottle holder is the only one Kifaru offers. That is why I got the HPG holsters. But still like the KU desgin better, minus the way it is mounted.

Tim in Washington
04-11-2013, 06:06 PM
agreed here as well,seems like it wouldn't be that hard to make it a bit more flexable

lawnboi
04-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Id like to see a bottle holder with some 3 bar sliders to affix to pals webbing or the tabs on the highcamp.

It would also be cool to see Kifaru dump the old style pocket attachment on the KU line and put in something like the highcamp bag has or even a row of pals.

1morehill
04-11-2013, 11:55 PM
I would love to see a water bottle holder that would strap to the shoulder strap as opposing to using shock cord (aka bungie cord) this way you can have a mini hydration straw run up it would be even better if it was hook and loop design. that way you could leave the harness on and remove the bottle and reattach in a flash

Mel
04-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Hey guys,

If you want to run a bottle on the shoulder straps, there is no simpler way than with bungee cord. This is what I run when I do ruck workouts. I use a Camelbak bottle with a bite valve, and it is a simple motion of tilting my head down to get a drink. Yes, I can remove and reattach the bottle in a flash. It is absolutely the lightest solution to carrying a water bottle, and is rock solid stable. I can run with it and the bottle does not bounce or flop whatsoever, like it is one with my shoulder strap. I used this setup at the Bataan March I did and had to chuckle looking at the guys having to take off their pack to remove their bladders at the water stops, get them filled, and then try and put them back in the pack. I ran up to the tank with my bottle already in hand, one press of the lever and it was full, and was off putting my bottle back on the shoulder strap while on the run. Here are a couple pics on how I set it up.

Mel

1morehill
04-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah this what I have setup on Mollex and soon to KU 3700 I just mentioned a pouch design would be nice for the cosmetic type of folks lol

Reid
04-13-2013, 04:01 AM
I agree the ultralight with the new standard attachment would be great.

Bungie chord on shoulder straps is great for hiking trekking workouts; however, it is in the way for archery hunting.

I leave my water bottles attachd in the lower pack position so they are clear of my shoulder and waist belt, then I have bow string clearance in any ackward position I find myself in when an animal presents the shot opportunity.

Bladders suck because on long halls getting bladder out and stuffed back into a full pack is a pain.

My vote is yes standard bottle holder for ultra light!

1morehill
04-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Ahh I see I wouldn't know such things as I'm not well versed or educated in bow hunting. Been looking into the sport and considering it seems less of a headache in terms of legalities of owning and transporting to and from