PDA

View Full Version : Hotel near Denver?

Heat
03-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

My family and I will be spending about a week near Denver for a wedding in July. The Wedding events will be in Lafayette and the Bride lives in Littleton. I would like to visit Kifaru (of course), the Coors Brewery, Red Rocks, and maybe a few other sites. Can someone recommend a comfortable place conveniently situated near the things I mentioned. I know we will be doing quite a bit of driving, but I don't want to stay completely out of the way just to save a few bucks. We normally stay at Hampton Inns or Holiday Inn Express type hotels during our travels but we are open to whatever. Can anyone recommend a place to stay? Thanks!

Nick

Tom
03-31-2013, 04:01 PM
Denver West Mariott is close to Red Rocks, Coors, Kifaru, downtown Golden, but Lafayette and Littleton are kind of Denver-area polar opposites. The Mariott is just off I-70 with quick access to C-470 towards Littleton. It's about 35 minutes to Lafayette.

shtfco
03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Hey Heat,

So IM in Littleton CO. As Tom said Littleton and Lafayette are about 30 minutes away but everything else you mentioned is in between. Keep in mind that Littleton Runs all the way West from its location there on the Map to C470 So depending on where the Bride lives it maybe right along the C470 Corridor.

I would stay at the Holiday inn express

10101 West 48th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
(303) 424-8300

Here is a Map of the area showing you where all your landmarks are so you get an idea of where you would be staying for that hotel.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/sky3555/3-31-20134-25-15PM_zps0adaf315.jpg

A is the Hotel
B is Coors Brewing Co, McIntyre Street, Golden, CO
C is Littleton, CO
D is Lafayette, CO
E is Kifaru, International, Van Gordon Street, Wheat Ridge, CO
F is Red Rock

This puts you closest to multiple sites you want to see and about halfway between Littleton and Lafayette.

Quirt
03-31-2013, 04:55 PM
Oh and besides Kifaru you need to visit Tom Horns grave site in Boulder and the Buffalo Bill museum in Golden! Oh and the Rockmount shirt store downtown plus dinner at the Buckhorn Exchange!! Too many thing to see in one visit- too many.

Tom
04-02-2013, 12:44 PM
PM sent with additional info.

AbnMedOps
04-02-2013, 06:21 PM
You might also want to visit Spyderco's showroom in Golden. They've got a few other goodies too, like Randalls and stuff.

Heat
07-18-2013, 01:00 PM
So I made it to Denver and back! It was a delightful visit. I ended up staying at a house in Boulder that a buddy rented, which was probably a mistake, but that's OK. We survived, but my wife was not exactly pleased, lets just say that! Sometimes when you do someone a favor, you do yourself a huge disservice.

Anyhow, I wanted to say thanks to Kevin at Kifaru for sticking around the shop and answering my questions about the gear. It was cool to see almost all the packs in person. It was also nice to see a tipi up close for the first time, even if it was a half set up 4 man. Maybe next time I'm around I will have a chance to stick around a bit longer and see a few other things.

I don't think I ever made it to Denver proper, but Boulder, Lafayette, Ft Collins, and Golden were very nice! Thanks for the great advice all!

Nick