PDA

View Full Version : here's a new one for you rule lovers

beachbunny
03-20-2013, 07:14 AM
I bid on a pack this morning, this is what I got...........

Important

Thanks for choosing to bid on or buy this item. Before you do, please read this important information.

This item is regulated by Part 121 of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

By bidding on or purchasing this item, you confirm that you're buying this item for your own use, that you're a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S., and that you won't export this item outside of the U.S. .

HFlier
03-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Means it's a military item that therefore cannot be shipped overseas.

Ralph
03-20-2013, 08:24 AM
There are some odd items on the munitions list (items subject to export restriction with a special license) a pack is a piece of cloth sewn in a particular pattern. While there may be some justicication in restricting weapons and explosives, restricting fabric equipment and clothing is just plain silly. This may also apply (I'm not sure about this) to fabric yardage in "military colors".

BTW: one item on the munitions list is a "gotcha", encryption machines. Most folks think of these as being complex machines like the "Ultra" but the defintion also includes computers, espcially computers with installed encryption software. That includes your laptop computer and many of the electronic games. If someone wants to make an issue of the matter, travel outside the country carrying any device with a computer chip within can be considered espionage/smuggling.

walkingxthunder
03-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Could eGay be thinking that IRR treatment makes cloth ITAR controlled?

beachbunny
03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
yeah , that was a real shocker for me. I know we are all thinking , what's next?
it's a good thing beachbunny is heading to Montana for the season!
thanks men