PDA

View Full Version : Timberline 2 Or Duplex Timberline 2

mickster
03-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi, I was wondering what the difference is between the Timberline pack & the Duplex timberline pack. I have been racking my brain about buying a new pack and want to make sure i get what I really need if I'm going to spend alot of money on a decent pack. I will be hunting elk and setting up a spike camp about 2 miles from the truck & hunting from there. I have done this for 4 years with a friend and we have been pretty successful. Just wanting to upgrade to a decent pack to make packing out & in a little easier, i'm not getting any younger if you know what I mean. Any input would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
John Mikulecky

dot 1
03-19-2013, 06:13 PM
it is my understanding that the duplex timberline is just a timberline bag that is mounted on the duplex frame therefore allowing you to use that frame for other bags in the future, where as the reg. timberline 2 which i have,is not interchangeable as far as bags to frame. the duplex t2 was not available when i got mine or i may have gotten one. you will not be disappointed either way as they are better than a decent pack. the only thing i wish i would have done differently is get the biggest timberline. the weight to volume to price ratio is well worth it in my opinion, but im just a dork from montana so who knows. these packs will make things better for you in the woods.

mickster
03-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Thanks Dot 1, just ordered the Duplex t2 this week.
Mick