PDA

View Full Version : Customs cost for Sweden

boxofrocks
01-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi!

Any fellow swedes that ordered from Kifaru and could tell me what to expect that I would have to pay to customs?

Much appreciated for any help!

/Jimmy

InTheWild
02-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Hi!

Any fellow swedes that ordered from Kifaru and could tell me what to expect that I would have to pay to customs?

/Jimmy

You have to pay 25% tax on the total of gear and shipping. (Kifaru-gear + shipping ($65?) x 1.25= total cost.) But you don't pay the 25% tax until you receive what you have ordered. Hope this helped.

EDIT:
I might have misread your question.
Except for the tax, I don't think there is a customs fee. I know there is a fee on clothes, maybe books and some electronics like a recording DVD or similar, but I have ordered a backpack a couple of years ago from US and I didn't pay anything to customs. The 25% tax is the "only" fee you have to pay.

O8h7w
02-03-2013, 04:05 AM
I haven't bought from Kifaru yet, but my experience with buying from USA says there is the 25% tax on what the package is worth, that is, not including shipping. This is what is known as customs, I think. There is also a fee of 100 SEK for "Postens tjänster" whenever something goes through customs.

The fees for the payment itself, which does include the cost for shipping, are negligible.

All in all, I've recently ended up paying a little less than 10 SEK for every dollar there was on the pricetag, if that makes sense.

Anyway, good to know there is one or two more Kifaruites here in Sweden :)

InTheWild
02-04-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm waiting for my Bikini frame + DT2 bag... I have a shipping date in april :(

Every time I have ordered from US I had to pay tax on the shipping fee... bad luck maybe...

Tundra Monkey
02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
Hi!

/Jimmy

Hey Jimmy,

Ship it to me and I'll send it to you as a gift......Christmas wrapping and all.

It's the least a Canadian can do for a Swede after all the azz kickin's we give ya at the rink lol!!!!