PDA

View Full Version : KU3700 and Kifaru 8 man tipi

BigD
09-23-2012, 09:36 PM
This is my first post, but I have admired Kifaru backpacks for a long time and decided to take the plunge.

I just purchased a KU3700 (it is currently being made) and now I`m thinking about purchasing an 8 man tipi with large stove for my family.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience packing a complete 8 man tipi into the KU3700, i.e., liner, etc?

dean1662
09-27-2012, 08:36 PM
I have a six man seek outside with stove. I put the body of the ti in a sil nylon compression bag and used the grab it to carry it. I put the poles on the left side of the pack and used the compression straps to hold it. I put the stove inside Theackage next to my spine. Sleep system in bottom, followed by clothing then food and stove next to each other. Worked great.

BigD
09-28-2012, 07:03 AM
Great, then it sounds like it will work without any problems. I have some pockets on order too, so if I need to I can put clothes, etc., in them.

dean1662
09-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah I have two of the long pockets and a UL E&E I put the stove and other mic items in one long pocket and food in the other. There pretty big at 650 cui each. Nice thing you can move them around to multiple locations. I have all my day pack essentials plus mid layer and vest in the E&E. Theres plenty of room for a 7-14day hunt in these things. I just ordered the hanging meat bag, anxious to get that and try it. Good luck, I really enjoyed my tipi this year. Usually just go with a bivy and tarp, but dang that wood stove was nice on those 20 degree mornings.