08-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Well, any progress on this concept?

Take-a-knee
08-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Buelher......?

Mel
08-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Take-a-knee,

The decision has been made to not build a KU Koala Lite. There just has not been enough interest in that concept to justify the R&D work and going into production with it. There have only been a handful of guys here on the message board interested in a KU Koala, and there have not been any phone calls, e-mails, or postings on other forums requesting a KU Koala. Unfortunately, we as manufacturers sometimes have to make hard choices when it comes to introducing new products. This is one of those times where we feel the market potential is just not there at this time for a KU Koala Lite.

Mel

MojoSlim
08-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Take-a-knee,

The decision has been made to not build a KU Koala Lite. There just has not been enough interest in that concept to justify the R&D work and going into production with it. There have only been a handful of guys here on the message board interested in a KU Koala, and there have not been any phone calls, e-mails, or postings on other forums requesting a KU Koala. Unfortunately, we as manufacturers sometimes have to make hard choices when it comes to introducing new products. This is one of those times where we feel the market potential is just not there at this time for a KU Koala Lite.

Mel

Ouch... The anticipation created by post #34 of this thread: www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=29677&page=4 has been squashed! Glad I got one of the last KU Koalas.

Take-a-knee
08-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Well, thanks for the heads up Mel. I guess I'll probably be making my own out of 4oz dyneema grid. I have a KU Koala but even if I could find another used one, the thing looks like a front mounted ruck on my 120# daughter. She's living in the NW not far from real-deal griz country and needs a chest pack. What she, and about every other female who rambles real mountains, needs is a chest pack that is just big enough to conceal a G19 , a front pocket for possibles, and some way (elastic sleeve) to hold a cannister of bear spray. Maybe Hill People has something but I like the Koala's X-harness better, I think.

thewolverine
08-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Too bad- understand but was interested as well. Well- now will wait and see what other shiny things u come up with :)

Vernon
08-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Glad I found a KU Koala in excellent used condition as I would be major league bummed by the news otherwise. Me thinks that news on pending discontinuations would still be a good thing so that we could buy what we want before it goes out of stock.

MojoSlim
08-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Glad I found a KU Koala in excellent used condition as I would be major league bummed by the news otherwise. Me thinks that news on pending discontinuations would still be a good thing so that we could buy what we want before it goes out of stock.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. Good to hear you got your hands on a KU Koala, too.

mommabear
08-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I was disappointed to learn that the KU Koala will no longer be in production but I certainly understand from a production point of view. (Although here's a vote for a KU Koala Lite!) I'm slowly building my Kifaru kit as finances allow (meaning years!) so I've learned to adapt to the various changes that have come over the years.

I wonder though if the Koala Lite will be able to attach to the KU 3700 packstraps with the lift kit? I'm also wondering how a cinched down 3700 with Koala Lite would work for trail running? I haven't found any info on the forum about using such a setup for running. I like the idea Hill People have come up with in their Runner's Kit Bag, but would really like to stay with Kifaru products and be able to have multiple uses for gear rather than dedicated use.

I recently backpacked in the amazing Eagle Cap Wilderness of Northeastern Oregon with 5 other ladies. I always dream about my gear improvements when things aren't working as well as I'd like and this year it was the Koala. A fanny pack (carried in front) with my Glock and essentials was less than comfortable. I frequently take women into the wilderness who are either beginning backpackers or just not confident on their own and being the armed one of the group always makes them feel better. Maybe I should find a way to get paid so I can afford the better gear!

All the Kifaru products I've purchased so far have been as good or better than advertised and I look forward to continuing to build my kit. I especially feel the gear problems when archery hunting so I really appreciate your ultralight line that will allow me to ultralight backpack with the same gear I will use for hunting. And knowing it will hold up to the rigors of hunting gives me the peace of mind of spending hard earned money!

I'm pretty sure I sold the whole group on the Woobie...a foam pad "couch" laid out long wise underneath and the Woobie on top makes a great stargazing setup for a whole group of friends!

BigD
09-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I think it`s important to understand that there are people like me who have decided that Kifaru makes a better pack than some of the other manufacturers. At first I wasn`t sure if I would like Kifaru, so I merely purchased some stuff sacks. I`m glad that I did and have put in an order for the 3700 along with a lot accessories. I also plan to purchase an 8 man tipi and a couple of slick bags. However, I`m also a bit disappointed that the Koala lite is no longer available. Please remove the video :)

Vernon
09-26-2012, 07:22 AM
I vote not to remove any videos. They are informative for those of use who own the products or who buy the products used.

yota4by4
09-26-2012, 01:03 PM
I vote not to remove any videos. They are informative for those of use who own the products or who buy the products used.

I agree...