PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous Dates?

Sawtooth
06-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Which dates work for you?

July 27-28-29

August 3-4-5

Please let me know what works. I'll try to accomodate what works for the majority. I'll make a decision by July 15th. Thanks!

sab
06-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh, man, Mrs. sab, Max, Roxy, and I would love to make another BCR, but I'm hunting Montana this fall for Elk/Muleys with disillusionedpatriot, Tim in Washington, and chippewawarrior, and I won't have enough vacation to swing a trip to CO. Y'all have fun! We'll be thinkin' 'bout you!

Scott

COShunter
06-22-2012, 07:59 AM
I am working on my calander and hope to let you know in a week.
Hope the guideing is going well for you.

gonehuntn
06-22-2012, 10:37 AM
I vote for July 29th...that's birthday. 29 and holden!

sab
06-22-2012, 10:43 AM

Hey, that makes it your golden birthday (again)! ;)

Scott

Sawtooth
06-22-2012, 02:52 PM

Dude, you lie like a rug. I'll bring you a cupcake with ONE candle and you can close your eyes and wish you were 29.

mark s
06-22-2012, 02:53 PM
If the timing works out with our summer trip, the mrs. and I would love to attend.

Mark

Sawtooth
06-22-2012, 04:04 PM
In an effort to avoid the dates for the NW Summer Rendezvous, I am calling this one NOW...

The dates for the Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous are: 27-28-29 July!

I'll consider the same location as the previous two years, but low water levels in the creek and fire restrictions may dictate alternate plans. I have other locations that I'm working on as alternates. I'll send the location and directions out by July 15th at the latest. I will be out of the net for a portion of July because of guiding obligations, but will check back as often as I can.

We hope to see the regulars and some new folks as well!

MojoSlim
06-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Sweet! You know Nautilus has been waiting to hear when this was going to go down. We'll be there barring any problems with getting the time off of work.

Sawtooth
06-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Sweet! You know Nautilus has been waiting to hear when this was going to go down. We'll be there barring any problems with getting the time off of work.

Right on, my friend! Looking forward to it. How's your tenkara?

Herb
06-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Spencer and I are not making that one. My father just celebrated his 73 birthday yesterday, but that weekend in July, he's getting married!!! Will miss seeing everyone.

Paul, we need to chat about getting a couple rods for Spence and I.

Sawtooth
06-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Paul, we need to chat about getting a couple rods for Spence and I.

Anytime! Give me a call on my cell. I'll PM you in case you don't have it.

RandallH
06-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Awesome. Those July dates work perfect for me, I can make all three days this time. Hopefully my oldest son will be here so he can go to his first rondy. Getting up high to avoid the heat will be a welcome relief.

Randallh

MojoSlim
06-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Right on, my friend! Looking forward to it. How's your tenkara?

The Tenkara is great! The week after I received it, I was out of state visiting family back home on maui, so I only had 1 chance to mess around and was on a small pond here. The idea was to go down to primarily practice casting, but since Nautilus had to be to work soon, we had about 40 minutes. Lo and behold, my first cast and I had one on the fly! Pulling it in helped me to realize that my tippet was a bit too long, re adjusted, and hooked another (trout, I think). Most of the time was spent tying the tippet to the traditional line and tying the fly to the tippet (as you know, I'm pretty brand new to fishing, so learning curves and all). Considering how quickly the fish were biting, I actually didn't really have much time to work on the cast! Now that I've returned to town, I look forward to getting out on the river(s).

I got the 12' Iwana and bought the 11' handle attachment (Nautilus got the same). Bought a bunch of kebari variations, and the one that I was using that day was the Ishigaki Kebari. I am going to order a few more line holders, as that seemed to really help with storing (and I'm sure will help with swtiching) lines/flys. Had to get the Tamo, as well; that thing is gorgeous.

Thanks for the Tenkara intro, buddy! Look forward to some Tenkara-do at the BC Rondy with a Tenkara-ka such as yourself, gonehuntn, etc.

MojoSlim
06-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Awesome. Those July dates work perfect for me, I can make all three days this time. Hopefully my oldest son will be here so he can go to his first rondy. Getting up high to avoid the heat will be a welcome relief.

Randallh

Great, see ya there, and look forward to meeting your son!

talk2much
06-29-2012, 08:04 AM
July works!

Scoutin' Wyo
06-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Saw,
Can you PM me the location of the trail head? I want to see just how much fuel the scout will burn getting there.

Also, how tough of a hike are you planning for us? I know E-man will want to join in.
Thanks!

talk2much
06-29-2012, 08:07 AM
"...29 and holden" Maybe holding Geritol. Save the candles for this old man and save the forest.

Sawtooth
07-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Hey all...the info for the Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous III has been sent via PM to all who replied here on the public forum. If there's anyone else who would like to attend, please let me know and I'll shoot you the info. We checked out the campsite this past weekend and it looks great!

RandallH
07-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Someone had a small packable cooking grill at last years rondy. I don't remember who.
I am looking at purchasing a Purcell Streamside Packer Grill, anyone have experience with such a grill and can you please bring it (Hoping the fire ban is lifted)

RandallH

Sawtooth
07-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Randall, I was testing an UL titanium grill that I bought from Backpackinglight last year. I was not completely satisfied with it because it continued to sag under the weight of of 1L of water in a titanium pot over HOT coals. No one at the rondy had a Purcell grill. FWIW, a Purcell grill is what I'm going to go with long-term. From what I can tell, there's nothing else out there than can hold up to the use I'm going to put it through.

MojoSlim
07-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Someone had a small packable cooking grill at last years rondy. I don't remember who.
I am looking at purchasing a Purcell Streamside Packer Grill, anyone have experience with such a grill and can you please bring it (Hoping the fire ban is lifted)

RandallH

Randall,

I have a Purcell Trench Streamside Packer. I'll bring it down. If the fire bans aren't lifted, let me know if you still want to check it out. I'll leave it at the trailhead in the car, or something.

tendeerfeet
07-23-2012, 05:11 PM
It will Rain! and Hail also

Sawtooth
07-23-2012, 05:32 PM
I hope it rains a little, but hold the hail!

MojoSlim
07-23-2012, 06:27 PM
It will Rain! and Hail also

Will we be seeing you at the BCR?

tendeerfeet
07-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Will we be seeing you at the BCR?

I may be able to make it to the summer rondy this year.

What do you think the fire restrictions are going to be this weekend.

gonehuntn
07-24-2012, 02:00 PM
What do you think the fire restrictions are going to be this weekend.

The county lifted their ban. However, the Forest Service hasn't updated their site since the 13th and they still show stage 1 restrictions. I'll keep checking between now and Friday.

Statewide fire restrictions map: https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?viz=MAP&q=select+col4+from+1o76CJOtWMM37FdAb-dpQdTeUlwkbC0oBFAETH78&h=false&lat=39.02634487425597&lng=-105.550565&z=7&t=1&l=col4

Red=restrictions
Yellow=no restrictions

tendeerfeet
07-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Thank you for that great link gonehuntn. I like the clickable county info map.