PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in the Ozarks

timberwolf
10-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Anyone interested in a quality bowhunt for a small group of friends and/or family needs to check out Little Niangua Outfitters near Lake of the Ozarks not far from Ft. Leonard Wood.

This is their first season and for only $450 they are offering self-guided 5-day archery hunts on great private land that has been managed for the last four years for trophy Whitetails and Wild Turkeys. That fee includes a great evening meal and venison Chili in the afternoon. They still have slots open believe it or not.
web page (http://www.gorvcamping.com)

If you want to be driven to your stand and hunt over a bait pile go somewhere else. If you want to have a great quality hunt at great prices and like staying in your RV or a Kifaru tipi, this is your place -- especially if you are trying to get a beginner hooked on bow hunting.

You can call the owner Ken Seaholm at 573.347.2728.

I have hunted the land over the last four years as a guest of the owner. The place is crawling with deer, a good number of nice 8+ poitners and a few real monsters.

If you have any question feel free to ask me. I don't work for them, I just think it is a great place and good people need to know about it. It is a very unique experience -- and a great value especially if you want to get some beginner really hooked on hunting.

Oh and if you are the more adventurous type, Ken will probably outfit you for a canoe trip so you can hunt some of the 12,000 acres of public land in some areas no one there ever hunts because ATV use is not allowed. Archery and firearms hunting is allowed on the public land.

imported_Randy
10-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Man what memories you are stirring, for my money there are not many creatures that are more wary or more beautiful than a whitetail deer. And to catch one with big headgear is majestic. And good eating to boot! Have family land to hunt in the Ozarks, but my wife wised up after 2 years of "visiting my family" in November turned out she did most of the visiting while I did most of the hunting /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif Oh well it was fun while it lasted, deer, turkey and quail makes for some pretty fun hunting. Randy