PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NW Summer Rondy: Date

Bushcraft
01-19-2012, 02:07 PM
The dates for this year's Northwest Summer Rondy are going to be July 26-29.

Location & Type to be determined.

snakey2
01-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Great, maybe I will be able to have a little drink by then since I couldn't at the last on, close to my (milestone) birthday too!

Ed C
01-20-2012, 12:37 PM
close to my (milestone) birthday too!

You will be a hundred? Congradulations a milestone indeed!

snakey2
01-20-2012, 04:36 PM
If I were going to be 100 I wouldn't care if I was going to kill myself drinking or not!!!

JBR
01-20-2012, 10:41 PM
The dates for this year's Northwest Summer Rondy are going to be July 26-29

And the crowd went WILD!!! Let me be the first to say, the JBR clan will be in attendance this year, yes the stars HAVE aligned, and we will have no more knife weilding craziness, so Patrick you can return this year. Looking forward to it!

Randy
05-09-2012, 09:20 PM
2012 NW Summer Rondy Update and Correction:

New date to pencil in to all your calendars. Hopefully this will be enough lead time for everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience and change.

New Dates: August 3-4-5, 2012.
Location and type (drive in or hike in) to be determined. Stay tuned for more information.

snakey2
05-17-2012, 09:47 AM
I have just penciled in that whole week off. Gonna be an extended birthday celebration!!!

JBR
05-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Damn. I'm out now.

Bushcraft
05-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Randy,

Thanks for posting the update while I was busy juggling my advisory business and Safari Club lobbying duties in D.C.. I'm glad we were able to zero in on a date that would work for most. Should be a great opportunity for you and Tracy to hone up your offhand shooting before flying off to the Dark Continent.

JBR,

Sorry about the change of date from the original posting, but after a surprise family wedding scheduling conflict of my own and numerous conflicts with other attendees' summer schedules, we had to move the date of the Summer Rondy forward a couple weekends or you'd be the only family there. As it is, I think it might be a little sparse this year. Can I interest you and your boys in some secret high-lake fly-fishing for lunker trout to make up for missing out on another year???

Snakey,

Excellent! I'm looking forward to enlisting you in as little shovel work as possible. We'll try and keep it an easy 10-12 miler. One way. ;)

Now...to find a suitable chivo.

Allen

snakey2
05-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Allen as I recall I could ONLY shovel last year cause I couldn't drink (I do drinking and watching way better). If it is a foot safari this year I will hope you don't get stuck this year like you did last year. Looking forward to this year even with that kind of a walk, I can just call it part of the birthday challenge. We should get a couple of chivos and then enlist them in carrying stuff in before we eat them.

JBR
05-23-2012, 03:51 AM
Bushcraft,

No worries. Sounds like many of us have tight summer schedules only getting tigher as we get closer to summer. I will likely make use of the time I got off for the July dates to do some scouting in a new area for elk this year. We can discuss 'secret high-lake fly-fishing for lunker trout' dates later. My calender for July and August is ridiculous. I feel like I need to pencil in times to eat & sleep soon.

snakey2
07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
We know when but not where this thing is going to be. Is it a backpack ordeal or a family friendly drive in one? I am trying to figure out if my wife is going to come or not and that then influences the rest of my week. Gotta know soon cause plans have to be made and reservations (for other parts of the week) made. Get with it organizers!

Bushcraft
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Thom et al,

Sorry for not providing more regular updates. This year's rondy will either be a drive in deal back to where we were at last year, or an off-trail 2 miler anyone can do into an alpine lake in geographically the same area, or a shortish hike into another wilderness area where we can do a little bear hunting - which would be a Rondy 1st.

More news later this week as the scouting report comes in.

Allen