PDA

View Full Version : Custom fitting a Long Hunter frame

Ken
09-01-2003, 01:32 PM
I noticed that the aluminum stays in the Long Hunter frame are bend-able for a better fit. What's the best way to alter there shape for the perfect fit? Thanks!

Patrick
09-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Ken--

Don't do a thing unless you have a flat lumbar region--the "no hip" phenomenon about 5% of men have. If you are hipless, call the Shop and we'll tell you how to modify the stays. Takes a couple of minutes. Basically, we'll tell you how to flatten those stays so you get good contact top-to-bottom in the lumbar region. If this doesn't apply to you (you'll know) just put on the pack and Ramble.

Dave R.
09-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Hi Ken,

When I bought my long hunter...It did not feel so good so I stopped by the shop to talk to Patrick. I remember he identified me as one of the flat lumbar men. He removed the aluminum bars, and he held them up to my lumbar area. With his mighty hands, he bent these units to conform to my structure. After that day, and a short lesson on wearing the pack properly, I have been in tall cotton with my pack. Last week I had 3 nights of camping with my kids in the Pocono Mts, and I used the cargo chair every night around the campfire.

Good luck with your pack, once you get the right fit ,all will be right with the universe!

Dave

Ken
09-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys. I don't have a LH yet, but my girlfriends step-father and I were going through his Rondy the other night getting it set-up for the upcoming season. It sounds to me that if the frame is making lot's of contact with his back, things are good...right?...I will make do with my current pack for this year as I broke the piggy bank on my new 8-man /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif . Hopefully next year I'll be sporting a brandy-new Rondy for myself.