PDA

View Full Version : Koala

Brums
10-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Does anyone have any compare/contrast between the standard and KU Koala? I was thinking that the bottom would sag with weight, especially with pistol if you didn't have the Velcro holster in the pistol compartment. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Take-a-knee
10-17-2011, 01:54 PM
For starters, don't carry any loaded pistol without the trigger covered by a holster...PERIOD. I just walked around with my 4in 629 in my KU Koala (in the holster) with no sag issues noted. The back of the KU Koala has some sort of padding between the velcro panel and the outer fabric, Even this 3# pistol doesn't sag, and it looks like it was made for a 4in 629.

Brums
10-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info!

ozarkrambler
10-17-2011, 04:52 PM
TAK, could you elaborate on the pistol in a holster comment please? I've tried to pull the trigger or get the hammer cocked on my carry gun while its in the kit bag and I just can't make it happen. Where you referring to another method of carry?

Thanks

Take-a-knee
10-21-2011, 05:16 PM
TAK, could you elaborate on the pistol in a holster comment please? I've tried to pull the trigger or get the hammer cocked on my carry gun while its in the kit bag and I just can't make it happen. Where you referring to another method of carry?

Thanks

Ozark, Kifaru makes little velcro-backed nylon holsters that look like a Yaqui slide. You position these where you want them in the rearmost compartment of the Koala. I would not carry the gun loose if I carried anything else in the forward pockets. All but the largest handguns would flop around if you did. Unsat to me. Patrick has a well thought out system, as usual.

ozarkrambler
10-22-2011, 09:36 AM
I understand the thought process behind using the holster for positioning, I was trying to figure out the "without the trigger covered Period" statement. When I was using my koala with the holster, I didnt like the way my revolver sat in it so I ditched it. Autos might present different.

Take-a-knee
10-22-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm with you there Ozark, I wouldn't sweat it on a DA Revolver either. I was thinking Glock or 1911.