PDA

View Full Version : ParaTipi For Sale

Piolet
08-11-2011, 07:46 PM
For Sale: Coyote Brown civilian model (stove port) ParaTipi in like new condition. $400, includes shipping within US. Tipi has been completely seam-sealed, but has never been used for camping. No burn pinholes, etc, and the stove has never been used inside the Tipi. Includes ParaTipi and pole/peg set, but no stove (I'm keeping the small stove). I have a 4-man Tipi and a ParaTarp (that I use in the summer along with my Clark Hammock), and I thought I'd use the ParaTipi for singleton trips in seasons when I wouldn't use the hammock and times when I didn't want to lug along the 4-man Tipi. That just hasn't happened. I'm thinning down my "stuff" and have decided to sell the ParaTipi.

Reid
08-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Hi Piolet,

extremely interested; and I have clearance for takeoff from HQ....would you mind sending me a photo and I mean this in the most polite way, how did the seam sealing turn out? Oh and does it have netting? if so it is sewn-in old style or is it velcro removable?

Thanks!!!
Reid

Kevin Hans
08-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Very interested, too. I also wonder how the seam sealing turned out and if the netting is velcro removeable or not? I await your reply. Thanks!

Piolet
08-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Reid/Kevin,
I'm afraid I don't have a photo, and the tipi is packed up (I could promise to set it up this weekend and take a picture, but all you'd see is a normal tipi, so I doubt it's worthwhile). You can check out my reputation for selling things on this forum over the years and you'll find complete buyer satisfaction that the things I've sold have always been as good or better than described. I guarantee that if you buy the tipi and find any reason, after receipt/inspection to think it wasn't as advertised and in great condition, that I'll refund your money. Both of you asked "how the seam sealing turned out." I'm not sure exactly what that question implies? I did it, following Kifaru's instructions, as I had previously done on my four-man tipi and the Paratarp, and so far as I can see it "turned out" just fine. Seam sealing, if you've not done it, is a complete pain in the butt. I'd gladly pay Kifaru or someone big bucks to do it for me. Since that's not an option, I did it meticulously myself. The one observation that you might make is that I "overdid" it, in that I used a wider brush and I made sure I got the sealant well on both sides of the actual seam and in all possible nooks and crannies where I thought leakage might be an issue. Since I've never used this tipi, I can't "prove" that it's totally waterproof on all the seams, but I'd sure bet that it is, since I've had my other Kiraru tipis/tarps in downpours and they're sealed just like this one.

It does come with the bug net for the front door, and the bug net is attached with velcro and removable.

I hope that covers your questions and concerns. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks,

Piolet
08-14-2011, 07:34 PM
SOLD. Thanks to all the rest of you who considered it.