PDA

View Full Version : Guide or Rendevouz Pack?

T Bone
06-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Hi All,

I'm a prospective customer that was introduced to Kifaru at the FNAWS convention in January. I'm interested in finding out more.

7200 cu inches vs 8500 cu inches?

I'm interested in opinions from current Longhunter owners. I usually take 3 to 10 day pack trips for big game in Idaho and Nevada.

I've always used external frame packs with the sleep bag and pad on the outside of the pack. If I stuff my 4lb bag inside the Kifaru pack, how much capacity will remain?

I'm guessing around 4500-5500 cu. inches with the Guide.

I don't like carrying more than about 120 pounds when packing game out. If its more than that it hurts.

Have any of you Guide owners wished for more capacity?

Have any of you Rendevouz owners wished for less?

How well do the packs compress down to stabilize smaller loads?

Any input is appreciated.

T

Kevin
06-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Okay, for what it's worth.

I have the Guide model, but I bought it instead of the standard Longhunter. Why? Simple, for an additional few ounces, I get almost 50% more load capacity. Either way, I'm more weight limited than space limited, as I don't like carrying huge loads either. Especially uphill.

On the bag, you can pack yours inside or outside. I sometimes just drop the chair and lash it there. It's a little awkward in brush, but otherwise just fine.

In the bag compartment, my old -30 Slumberjack holofill doesn't fit, but a 0 deg Kelty does, with plenty of room to spare.

I've never needed more space, but if I do, I can lash to the chair.

And mostly, what I need to do is leave the living room furniture at home and pack less.

T Bone
06-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I just got Kifaru'd. I went with the Rendevouz.

Travis
06-11-2003, 03:02 PM
I just picked my Longhunter Guide up in Golden today at lunch. Can't wait to get home and really look it over. One thing I'll say about Kifaru. They told me when it would be done and it was. They spent 45 minutes in the shop showing me all the features and how the pack works. I couldn't be happier with my experience buying the pack. Now just can't wait to get in the woods with it.