PDA

View Full Version : FS: Down Sleeping Bag

Buck W
05-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Stephensons Warmlite Triple (www.warmlite.com) two tops (go to 25 deg. with the light top: to minus 10 deg with the thick top: to minus 40 deg. with both tops), down air mattress, 750+ fill down, vapor barrier, approx 70" girth (fits me (6'4", 225#) comfortably - could easily accomodate a larger man), includes carry/pump sack, bright blue, excellent+ condition.

$750 new. Asking $395. Offers considered. Feel free to check my Feedback on <a href="http://www.Knifeforums.com" target="_blank">http://www.Knifeforums.com (http://www.Knifeforums.com)</a>

Buck Westfall buck.w@attbi.com 360-693-5014

trapper55
05-29-2003, 04:08 AM
Buck,
How come you are selling the Stephenson bag? I have looked at their website and was considering their bag. I would possibly be interested in yours. Please give me some input on it's performance. Thanks!

Rick

Buck W
05-29-2003, 01:30 PM
Hi Rick

I live and play mostly on the west side of the Cascade Mountains in Washington. It is a high rainfall area and is especially wet (and cold) during elk hunting season with high 20's to 40's during the day with rain/wet snow mixed being common. Even the summer can have unpredictable rain. Also I've started travelling a lot lighter going with only a tarp during "good" weather. Under these conditions I feel more confident with a synthetic bag. A few years ago I made some money and bought some high quality "toys", and am now paring down to my absolute favorites.

I've slept in this bag about 10 nights (all in tent, tipi or cabin). The temperature rating (at least for me) is right on for the light top. I've used the heavy top, but have never been in cold enough weather to test it by itself, let alone both tops. It just doesn't get that cold around here most of the time. If I were in eastern parts of Washington and Oregon,
or Idaho, it would be my first choice for a winter bag. This is the warmest, roomiest, most comfortable backpackable bag I've ever slept in. The bag looks new in appearance.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. You can also contact me offline at buck.w@attbi.com.

Thanks, Buck

Buck W
07-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Price reduced to $295 shipped.

Thanks, Buck

TheSimpleton
08-13-2003, 07:04 AM
I'm interested. What color is it, does it have the fuzzy wicking layer and pad (foam or Down), and how well does the bottom layer they're calling a pad replacement work? How much condensation is expected? Here in NY it's nearly as wet as the cascades, but in a tent or our snowy winters it may be fine.

TS

copper
08-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Hey Simpleton,

Where abouts in NY are you?? I live in the Kingston area.
copper

TheSimpleton
08-13-2003, 09:39 AM
That would be my stomping area around Die Pfaltz and Mohonk/Bonticou crags. At the moment though I'm up near Rochester. Real flat up here. I took the Cedar Lakes/Northville trail and haven't made it out to New Paltz like I intended this summer. Best in fall anyway. Lucky you to live there. I tried but jobs were here.

TS

Buck W
08-14-2003, 05:32 AM
There is a sale pending. If the bag is still available, I'll let you know. FYI it is bright blue and has the down air mattress. I've never noticed any condensation in the bag. Thanks for your interest.

Buck Westfall