PDA

View Full Version : Daystalker with a cargo chair ?

Erik F.
05-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Hello all I am thinking about getting a Daystalker pack for use as a day bag for hunting and hike in flyfishing dusk to dark type trips. I am not a multiday trip hunter as of yet. What my quistion is has anyone had any experience using a cargo chair with the Daystalker and what was the expereince like? Any info would be very helpfull thanks.

Erik.

imported_tom
05-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Hello...I have the same pack with chair, and find it usefull when sitting on wet ground. It is a little extra weight but keeps your pants dry.

Erik F.
05-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Tom thank you for the reply. Have you use the cargo chair to pack any wieght yet? Even though this will not be the main purpose for my purchase I like the fact that if needed it could fill this role in a pinch. Also does anyone know if this is actualy a viable use for this pack?

Thank you, Erik.

imported_tom
05-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Erik...you can load the chair up with a fair amount of weight. I think for say an elk quarter, balance would be better with one of the larger packs; but the entire system flat out works. I've used my pack (with chair) for 3 years in every kind of weather from blizzard to summer downpour and I won't hit the trail without it.

Erik F.
05-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Tom thanks again that is what I was hoping to here. I Am now sold on this pack comepletly. I now just need to convince the wife that I should spend that much money on a lumbar pack.

Erik.

imported_tom
05-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Just tell her it will be the last one you ever buy period, and that will be the truth.
Good luck and good hunting.