PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here "Ronny'voo"?

Sgathak
05-16-2003, 05:41 AM
Not so much a hunting question but more of a "shooting culture" question.

I noticed there was a short thread on muzzleloaders and was curious if anyone here ever goes to mountain man rondeyvous (sp?) ... whether just to hang out and shop or to actually go shoot at the ubiquitious smokepole competitions.

I used to go for Tomahawk throwing comps... but havent for years... but recently a family member mentioned he had gone for a shoot and invited me to go next time, and since then Ive been looking into purchasing a rifle and remaking my old costume/personae...

Just curious to know if anyone here has ever been involved and if so what they thought...

Im considering getting a Traditions "Tennessee Rifle" (http://www.traditionsmuzzle.com/eShop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=R2320) ... not the most historically accurate of rifles but it appears to be to be nice and handy in size and could be worked over into a simple "trade rifle" with a small amount of work. Does anyone have any experience with Traditions Firearms? Should I look elsewhere?

WEll... thanks for your time... sorry for the general disjointed ness of the post, I just woke up /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

bigbore442001
05-17-2003, 12:39 PM
I did attend one several years ago. I enjoyed it but the problem is that bug bear, time. I don't seem to have the time to do things like that. There are other things I am involved as well so the rendezvous thing has been put on the back shelf.