PDA

View Full Version : ? for Patrick (Reington 600)

05-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Hi Patick, Thanks for your and Kevin's answers to my last Rem 600 question.I brought the Remington 600 in 7mm-08 I was telling you about.My next question is what did you do to your Rem 600's to lighten them.Could you recommend a good lightweight synthetic stock.Thanks. Bruce

Patrick
05-17-2003, 05:47 AM
Bruce--

I seem to be moving at a dead run lately...two daughters getting married, etc., etc. If you'll kindly allow me a bit of time I'll sit down here soon and list some "stuff" you can do to lighten that rifle. BTW, 7mm-08 is an aftermarket caliber for the 600-660; Remington never produced factory rifles in that chambering. Still, it's a fine caliber; I have one too.

05-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Patrick,Take all the time you need.I figured it must have been a 308 that someone stuck a 7mm Douglas barrel on,as it also has half-cock on the bolt and trigger-pull lightened so the previous owner must have done some work on it. Bruce

Patrick
05-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Bruce--

Let me direct you to Rambling Rifle #1 essay here on the website. You'll see a photo of one of my old protoype Ramblers. Note the stock work. Looks pretty bad but it doesn't have to. You can get a full pound out of your stock, and it's absolutely free! I've never had a "handier" rifle either. I could hang the dang thing from a tree limb...and did so often. And note the fluted barrel...I think that was another 8 gone ounces. Why don't you consider starting there. More later.