PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Brown

Bob
05-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Patrick and Maggie.I recieved my new catalog and fabric samples.Can,t believe the ultralight material.It,s wild.Can,t believe paragliders trust this stuff.Anyway i have a question.On your photo of the interior of the ulralight in coyote brown it appears white on the inside.Is there 2 layers of fabric together to make up the tent?Have my other tent in the paper hopefully it sells quick.Thanks for the samples.Rob

Patrick
05-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Hello Bob--

No, the tent is single layer, the same stuff we sent you. Frankly, the whitish interior when the tipi is pitched is still a mystery to us. But it's real. One of our theories is that the fabric is so sheer the light comes thru, when it's pitched, and then...maybe it reflects off the silicon coating. We had a guy call the other day and actually accuse us of faking the photo! Of course he hadn't pitched the tipi yet. Was just looking at it out of the box. He said, a bit reluctantly, he'd go ahead and pitch it and see what happened. Boy, is he in for a surprise! Hope he has the decency to phone us back with an apology.

Having withstood gales on the Alaska tundra in one of these ultralight tipis myself, I can now see why paraglider folk trust it. Very stout stuff.

Bob
05-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply.Hope to be ordering soon.I have been surfing your site and i have to say it is great.Love the forum.Good info to be had.Keep up the good work.Rob