PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Hunt w/five -year old

Dave R.
04-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

My son is asleep waiting for the 0430 roust out of bed for a turkey hunt with dad. We'll play it fun and easy in the a.m. He's been practicing with his call, and he's got a great deal of patience for a five-year-old.

Life is so very sweet this evening in my home. Gear packed, truck loaded. The spark and glow of my son's innocence and his enthusiasm warming my soul.

Amen...

Dave

04-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Dave, that is just too cool for words. A great time to you and your son!

eric
04-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Hi dave, super job your doing taking your son hunting with you. I also am very blessed to have three sons who also enjoy going hunting with me. Two of my boys have just graduated frome the core program so they to can also have tags of their own. Life is getting better all the time. Hats off to all parents and adults who take children with them when they head out to the great outdoors

Patrick
04-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Dave--

I hope you're taking plenty of photos because these are the most blessed, memorable days of your life...and probably for your son too. Until he lives them with his own kid(s). The beat goes on. God bless and keep you. And your little man. The gift of life is indeed sweet. If we do our part in letting it be.

William Clunie
05-02-2003, 01:21 AM
The family that hunts together, stays together. My son is 20, in the USMC and my daughter is 21, in the Air Force. What do they want to do when they come home on leave? You got it, "Lets go hunting, fishing, shooting, etc." I look forward to the day when I can take their kids outdoors too. These beautiful moments in our lives are God given gifts, sacred memories. Thank you for sharing yours. Happy hunting.

Dave R.
05-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi Everyone....William and I had a great hunt....to make it even better, his grandfather joined us. tagged after "Poppy" soaking up every bit of hunting lore that came from the master.

We heard several gobblers but did not come close to a shot. Turkey hunting in PA is perfect for youngsters because hunters must be out of the woods by 12:00 noon...makes a nice day for greenhorns.

Patrick...thanks for reminding me about the importance of cameras...yes, I forgot mine on wednesday...I'll get to take some shots again soon before the season's over, but
I'm kicking myself for missing the opportunity!

Dave

William Clunie
05-08-2003, 07:22 AM
Dave,
I went turkey hunting for the first time here in Maine. There are enough turkeys now to have a decent hunting season. We have a split season and I got to go the first week (Apr. 28-May 3). I will continue the season May 19-May 31. For now, all I can do is help my buddy. His season runs opposite of mine. He just showed me the gobbler he got this AM. Nice bird, around 17 lbs. What a beauty.
Good luck with your season. Looks like it will be a success even if you don't bag a bird. You have all the success you need right there in your son.