PDA

View Full Version : hip boots made for hunting

kev50
04-26-2003, 10:54 AM
HI,

I say hip boots made for hunting, as I have yet to find any. The hip boots I find and the ones most people recommend are not made for long walking in. They usually have boots made into them and are rubber.And this makes them hard to wear for a long time and move around easily.I would like to see someone make a pair that are like noepremes with a sock feet so a person can put on his own hunting boots, but it has to be able to stand up to alot of rough handling. I have not found anything so far.Anyone knows of something like I suggested let me know kfg500@aol.com Thanks,Kev

Joe M
04-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Check out Simms gore-tex pants. Breathable, durable, waterproof. Only problem is no zipper. I have been living in them hunting and fishing for 3 years. I had a stick poke through the neoprene lower portion 3 years ago on a Kodiak Island goat hunt (I wasn't wearing the gravel guards). I have walked so much in them that I wore the neoprene thin on the stocking part (heel area). The Simms neoprene repair worked great. Simms warrenty service is a good as Patricks (BIG compliment).

kev50
04-26-2003, 06:19 PM
HI,

JOE M,Thank you for your reply. It is a little funny as I plan on moving to Alaska in a few years or sooner, it depends on what happens in the next year. I will move to SE Alaska, as you know it rains all the time. I will look at what you suggested and I thank you for your suggestion. Thanks,Kev

kev50
04-26-2003, 06:22 PM
HI,

JOE M, I almost forget are they quiet. Thanks,Kev