PDA

View Full Version : Rambling Pistol

Ed
04-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Just some food for thought.
I am getting a Remington XP-100 in 7mm-08 and got to thinking, why not a switchbarrel pistol.
My thoughts would be .243, 7mm-08 & 358.

Why the same action could also be set up for Rambling Rifle barrels & stock as well

Imagine the possibilities of one action. The scope would have to be changed bewteen rifle & pistol modes though.

BTW, Patrick affirmed all the above is possible.

pointer
04-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Now that is a neat idea. I've thought of doing something along those lines. what would be the cost involved in the conversion?

04-25-2003, 04:35 PM
You can do that with the TC Encore. I have one in a rifle chambered for 7mmstw with a second barrel in 223. I have a heavy forend for the 223 and a lighter forend for the 7mmstw. Each barrel has a quick release base so one scope can be moved from barrel to barrel. The same frame can be used for pistols. Just change the butt stock for a pistol grip, change the forend and switch to pistol barrels. In California it is not legal to change a rifle to a pistol. I don't know about other states.

Ed
04-25-2003, 05:05 PM
Yes the TC's are fine but they are single shots. XP-100 are repeating bolt actions.

JF
04-30-2003, 08:04 AM
It seems like you would have the following....

One action with pistol stock
Pistol length barrels.
Scope set up for pistol eye relief.

Also............

Seperate rifle stock
Rifle length barrels
Scope set up for rifle eye relief.

To change from pistol to rifle you unbolt the stock, scope and barrel. Then rebolt new stock, new barrel, new scope. Then, you have to rezero everything.

You are only one action away from two firearms.

I'm not sure what you gain????

JF

04-30-2003, 11:11 AM
JF
Like you said, one action away from two guns or 50% less. Also total familarity with one action. For me the switch barrel idea for the pistol will be 1st and most likely end there.

As far as zeroing, I would always re-zero after changing barrels as well as pistol to rifle. But then again not everyone is as fortunate as I am to have my shooting bench 50yds from my front door.