PDA

View Full Version : Patrick?

04-21-2003, 04:20 PM
I've bugged you about this before. How about a panel loading option for the Spike Camp in addition to the top access? Additionally how about a means of securing a spotter pocket inside the pack? I know you put yours inside the sheath with your hydration system but don't you risk puncturing the platypus?

Patrick
04-21-2003, 05:48 PM
7mm--

Nah, the Platypus is indestructable. No reports from anybody, ever.

So you're a true-blue panel loader nut, eh? Rare breed. So rare yours is the first, and only, request for a panel-load Spike. Ever. Tell you what, take a look at the Marauder over on the Military side. It is quite popular, and the size you're looking for. There's a limit to the number of SKU's our little outfit can produce with quality, and we're there. At least for now.

elmbow
04-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Hey Patrick...I have always liked my old Crestone II except I got rid of those brush catching mesh pockets pretty d*** quick.

Elmbow

04-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Patrick,
Evidently you don't remember me. I've already checked out the Marauder and I've been trying to get you to make a hunting version of that pack. I've sent you a few emails over the past months. Can you make quiet panels for the Marauder?

04-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Patrick,
In one of the emails you sent me you mentioned that you too are a fan of panel loaders. So, how come you have not developed a panel loader for hunting?

Patrick
04-22-2003, 05:56 AM
--Elmbow-- Yeah, designing a pack for backpacking is different from creating one for hunting, ya know? I'm happier doing hunting and military packs now, frankly.

--7mmSTW-- I remember you, yes. We are having essentially the same discussion here on the MB as we did via email a while back. Trying to flush me out, you rascal? OK, I've been flushed...go look at the military Navigator; a hunting version of that will be available by early to mid summer. A panel loader for all purposes, eh? I am sort of democratic about which loading style--top or panel--I like. As long as the pack feels like it "isn't there", and the features that solve problems for me (GunBearer and so on)are present, I'm a happy rambler. The old rock-n-roll tune "Love The One You're With" just about describes it. And I realize that I'm extreemly fortunate to be my own pack designer; otherwise I'd be contacting pack designers a lot too. To me, one's backpack is just as important as one's boots. Even the firearm is secondary when you get right down to it. Experienced hunters know that FINDING the quarry is job numero uno. The task from there is a whole 'nother subject, so I'll stop.

04-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Patrick,
The Navigator will be too large for my day use. I'll probably go with the Marauder. What about making a fleece cover in hunter orange that fits the pack like your rain covers?

Patrick
04-22-2003, 07:15 PM
7mmstw--

OK, you got it. Phone the Shop at your convenience and we'll work out the details.

04-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Patrick
I'll be in Colorado in August. Do you keep any packs at the shop? How much lead time do you need for an order?

Patrick
04-23-2003, 05:21 AM
7mmstw--

Hey, come on by! Nick, one of our correspondents here, was a visitor yesterday. He's a PA. flintlock hunter.

In August we may well be 6 weeks behind on filling Orders! But, yes, we have a little Showroom at the Shop. All gear is usually there...unless we've plucked it off the wall to fill a must-have Order.

04-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Patrick,
Sorry I missed your call. I don't want to be without a pack this fall. I called back and ordered a Marauder and lots of accessories. Janice spent quite a bit of time answering questions and taking my order. I think she has the idea of the hunter orange fleece cover. How was your trip to the mountains?

Patrick
04-25-2003, 07:33 PM
7mmstw--

I'm back. Spring blizzard--cold and windy with much snow. God, but I do love Colorado!

Janice told me you called, and are all fixed up. I couldn't phone you again... too remote and too much weather interference. Yahoo.