PDA

View Full Version : New waistbelt strap and hunting handgun bearer

kev50
04-18-2003, 10:36 AM
HI,

I am new here and I hope I am not asking a question that has been ask 100 times.I saw this waistbelt strap for handguns and it said it will fit almost any handgun. I like to carry a handgun and will be getting my 500 Linebaugh 5.5 inch barrel gun soon. How does this exactly work, the picture did not show it with a handgun in it.Will it set up like a cross draw or can it go on the strong side?.What is the big differences between the waistbelt starp and the hunting bearer is one for scope handguns and the other not?. Thanks,Kev

Patrick
04-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Kev--

Most handgun hunters use the Hunting HG Bearer. The waistbelt mount option is used mostly by guys who tote a handgun as back-up. Most use it in cross-draw fashion--the other side of the belt being occupied by the rifle in the GunBearer. You can certainly mount the handgun on the strong side if you want...you just can't carry a rifle there then. If your holster holds your handgun--scoped or not--it will fit onto the waistbelt mount.

Patrick

kev50
04-21-2003, 08:04 AM
HI,
PATRICK, thanks for your quick reply. I will carry it in a cross draw as it will be a back up and not my maine weapon. I am wondering if I have the handgun on the waistbelt of pack how hard is it to remove if later on I wanted to put back on my belt.If I am in the field and take off pack can I remove on and off quickly. Thanks,Kev

Patrick
04-21-2003, 10:03 AM
Kev--

Yep.

Patrick

kev50
04-21-2003, 11:30 AM
HI,

Thanks again for your help Patrick. Thanks,Kev