PDA

View Full Version : Announcing 2011 Colorado Rendezvous

Patrick
04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Greetings Rendezvouers! The 2011 Colorado Rendezvous will occur the weekend of Friday, May 20 to Sunday May 22.

As usual I will be up there Wednesday the 18th getting organized, and I welcome any others who want to join me. Traditionally, quite a few of you have.

The location is generally in the traditional place, but we hope to move about a half mile further in where there are coniferous trees, for shade, and especially for wind protection. Those of you who experienced the Great 2010 Rendezvous Huricane will appreciate this! Details on location will accompany the emails that will come back to you upon your Registration. If you plan to attend please email the shop--angie@kifaru.net--and tell Angie how many will be in your party. You will receive in the same return email information on what to bring with you.

As a brief summary, that will be food, water, bedding, shelter, toiletries--everything needed for a self-contained camp-out. The location is vehicle accessable, but plan on 4 wheel drive. Guns and bows are welcome. There will be a firing line (or two or three) under standard safety protocols. Party beverages are welcome at camp but not while shooting of course. Food, and beverages, are traditionally shared--the Rendezvous is your chance to show off your special treats--and game meat delights will be much in evidence. There will be at least one of every Kifaru Tipi on site, and Rendezvouers can "claim" them as their shelter on a first-come basis. However, during the daytime these tipis should be made available for others to inspect in order to get an idea of the differences in size between them.

You will also receive a List of fellow Attendees before the Event so that any car-pooling can be arranged. And perhaps so that you'll know how much of your special dish or beverage to bring up!

The foodstuffs at Rendezvous are spectacular; you will return home heavier than you left unless you are as abstemious as a monk.

Children, spouses, girlfriends, dogs--all welcome.

That's all I can think of for now. Fire away on this Thread with any questions.

Patrick

mgutman
04-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Where's the excitement people?! I for one WILL be in attendance. I have let Angie know. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone!

Sawtooth
04-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Will be there for my 8th in a row. Life is so very good! It'll be good to see all of you there!

Jon S
04-05-2011, 07:32 PM
If mgutman is coming, I have to come along and make sure he shoots that Remington 700 in 300 WM at some of those distant targets. I will work up some loads for my .260 for some fun as well.
I will be there. Maybe with wife, 2 dogs and the cutest little lady that is my daughter if all goes well.
If someone has a glock 34 and a Glock 17 to compare shooting, I would love to compare the two.
See you all there!

thewolverine
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I am going to try hard to make this...This must come before work :)
Think I may be able to attend..

MojoSlim
04-05-2011, 07:53 PM
just curious if anyone can share the general wheres-abouts the campsite is located? Unless its one of those 'hush-hush' type you'll have to kill me if you told me type of answer. trying to convince the girl (who also happens to own the wheels) to go/let me borrow the car :)

Jon S
04-05-2011, 08:22 PM
PM sent with generic directions to mojoslim, hope he can make it

Kmassaro
04-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I'll be there, and Sawtooth, I'm bringing my soon to be 8 year old grandson. He'd rather shoot the bow and the 22 than eat.

Sawtooth
04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Kevin...great! I'm not sure how many, if any, of our three daughters will be there. They're eyeball-deep in softball and ballet this time of year.

MojoSlim
04-05-2011, 09:11 PM
PM sent with generic directions to mojoslim, hope he can make it

Hope I can make it, too! sounds like a ba-dass time!

-Mojo

Ermine
04-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Im hoping to make it this year. If I do i will bring the bow maybe. I have a Glock 21....

Kmassaro
04-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Bring the bow. I do more stump shooting than rifle shooting. And there are always a few to go along, but unfortunately, no Timberline this year. Let's go lose some arrows in remembrance of our good friend.

Jon S
04-05-2011, 11:47 PM
I look forward to shooting the bows with guys again this year, will probably even bring the compound, which I am somewhat proficient with so Scoutin' Wyo's boy doesn't get to show Big Jon up again this year. Ethan, get practicing, I want a rematch.

evanhill
04-06-2011, 08:38 PM
We're making plans to come. At least Scot and I, but probably the whole kit and kaboodle -- minus the dogs.

gonehuntn
04-06-2011, 11:07 PM
I'll be there along with my 14 year old son. He has been asking about the rondi since Christmas!

Huntsman22, you'll need to oil up that 22 rifle so the boys don't break it again. I think they shot 1000 rounds of 22 shells!

Plus, it's always exciting to find out what Jon S is going to wear!

Good food...good fun...good folks!

Scoutin' Wyo
04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Ethan and I will be there. Plans are to leave Cheyenne on Thursday after work, stay till Sunday.

Jon,
I was planning on bringing a recurve so I could get out shot by the little bugger too. :cool:

Will bring:
Savage BVSS in 6.5x284
Glock 20 in 10mm
Colt wheel gun in .22lr
CZ 452 in 22.lr
A couple of bows

Smokepole
04-09-2011, 06:44 AM
I'll probably come up Thursday-Saturday, HS graduation is Sunday.

I have some dies and brass I need to sell, .270 WSM, 300 WSM, 300 WM, .25-06. If anyone is interested let me know, I'll bring them up.

Scoutin' Wyo
04-09-2011, 12:54 PM
I'll probably come up Thursday-Saturday, HS graduation is Sunday.

I have some dies and brass I need to sell, .270 WSM, 300 WSM, 300 WM, .25-06. If anyone is interested let me know, I'll bring them up.

300 Wizzum please! I think you were supposed to bring those for me last year. ;)

Smokepole
04-09-2011, 11:34 PM
300 Wizzum please! I think you were supposed to bring those for me last year. ;)

I did, you were just too busy cookin' bacon to buy 'em.

Sawtooth
04-10-2011, 08:47 AM
In addition to my usual arsenal, I will bring the two sets of .22 silhouettes I had made up...swingers.

mark s
04-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Would the site be accessible to a Civic if I could make the trek out there?

Smokepole
04-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Haven't seen the new site but since it's near the old one, if you can't drive right up you can get close enough to walk to it or call someone to come give you a ride for tha last bit.

Hasher
04-10-2011, 10:39 PM
I think I can actually make this one.

I promise to bring a few "interesting" blasters.

Now to figure out what vittles I can wrangle up.

snakey2
04-11-2011, 11:29 AM
I will be in the area with my wife but no 4wd. If I can get near enough to walk we might come in for just for a day. I would be interested in the particulars just to see if it is feasible.

scothill
04-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I will say I haven't seen the new one either, but unless the road has seriously deterioriated in the last couple of years there is not issues getting a passenger car to the old rondy site, provided you take it slow and know how work your way in. That being said if anyone needs a ride in I am happy to facilitate from the hard road. Lets wait until we are closer and work things out.

Patrick,
Is the road to the new spot worse then the old spot?

Patrick
04-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Scot, the new location is about a half mile further. Yes, there's a section that's gnarly, especially if wet--as in snow or just-melted snow.

We have contingency plans for "signs" routing folks around that section. So we should be okay. Absent on-the-ground snow even 2WD rigs should be able to negotiate the detour. If not, the drivers can walk the signs in and we'll send a 4WD to pick up their gear.

See you Hill Bros there!

Scoutin' Wyo
04-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Scot, the new location is about a half mile further. Yes, there's a section that's gnarly, especially if wet--as in snow or just-melted snow.

We have contingency plans for "signs" routing folks around that section. So we should be okay. Absent on-the-ground snow even 2WD rigs should be able to negotiate the detour. If not, the drivers can walk the signs in and we'll send a 4WD to pick up their gear.

See you Hill Bros there!

Have rust bucket 4x4, will travel.

scothill
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
There you have it....if you have to walk in and we will go out and get your gear.

ozarkrambler
04-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Anybody have a pair of Zeiss or Swaro. pocket binoculars that they could bring to the rondy? I'd sure like to look through a couple different pairs of higher end compact binoculars or Monoculars.

gonehuntn
04-14-2011, 09:06 PM
More importantly...are you brining more of that good food you brought last year?

Smokepole
04-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Anybody have a pair of Zeiss or Swaro. pocket binoculars that they could bring to the rondy? I'd sure like to look through a couple different pairs of higher end compact binoculars or Monoculars.

I have Zeiss Compacts, remind me right before the rondy with a PM or something.

Kmassaro
04-15-2011, 07:38 AM
I have a pair of the 8x20 Swarovskis, same thing, please remind me the week before. Happy to bring them and let you do a comparison.

OpsBulldog
04-20-2011, 01:40 PM
After a successful movie night, it was mandated that Mrs. Bulldog come to the Rondy, packing her popcorn. Apparently, I'm only needed to provide the ride!
So, we'll be there, with an English Bulldog and a very friendly Black Lab who loves kids.

She's brings the popcorn, I'll bring the firearms and bows!

Jon S
04-20-2011, 08:36 PM
The popcorn is good, can't wait for you guys to enjoy the mtns. with a bigger Kifaru crowd. I would imagine 5 or 6 of those white bags of the popcorn should suffice :)

Sawtooth
04-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Don't let Patrick near them. You saw where the popcorn bag came to rest on movie night, didn't you? :)

hammbone
04-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Can someone give me the general location of where this is going to be held? I'd love to make but Not sure I'll be able to.

Thanks.

Scoutin' Wyo
05-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Can someone give me the general location of where this is going to be held? I'd love to make but Not sure I'll be able to.

Thanks.

Jefferson, CO is a nearby town you can find easily on the map.

mtnali
05-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I will be there with hubby and 2 brown hounds. I think we will also bring "yellow pig" (our 1975 dirt bike), and "beast" (the 1970's Scout dad recently purchased). Looking forward to spending more time there this year. I was only up for a night last year. Everyone around the shop is very excited! See you all there!

Sawtooth
05-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Right on, Ali! See you there!

Scoutin' Wyo
05-03-2011, 09:32 PM
I will be there with hubby and 2 brown hounds. I think we will also bring "yellow pig" (our 1975 dirt bike), and "beast" (the 1970's Scout dad recently purchased). Looking forward to spending more time there this year. I was only up for a night last year. Everyone around the shop is very excited! See you all there!

Sweet, old iron!

Patrick
05-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I've been up to the site, and find it dry--which is excellent for driving to it. If it stays dry.

My 1200 yard Range Finder quit! If anyone has a range finder that measures 1000 yards please bring it.

We'll be shooting from west to east on the new range. You old timers may find it very odd to shoot with a hard tail wind instead of a hard side wind.

We'll be sending out the Complete Instruction email early next week to everyone who has registered. How to get there, what to bring, etc. The camp area has protection from the wind and many large Bristlecone pine trees for shade.

Huntsman, when do expect to arrive? You've become something of our Range Guru and I'd like you to help setting it up, if you get there early enough.

Huntsman22
05-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Patrick, I may not be able to come up until friday afternoon. new job, and all..... Guess I better get registered, huh?

Patrick
05-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Understood Don. We'll go ahead and lay out the range. And look for your smiling face on Friday.

On the subject of my Leica range finder, I just did a quick search online re where to send it for repair. That information was NOT readily findable. So the question is do any of you fellows know how to go about this? Anybody know the drill...who to contact?

sab
05-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Patrick - From Leica's web site:

Leica repair service

Your Leica product requires servicing or repair? Contact our Leica repair service. Here your Leica product will undergo professional servicing or repair with original Leica spare parts.

Address:

Leica Camera Inc.
1 Pearl Court, Unit A
Allendale, NJ, 07401

Contact person:

Sarah Mayville & Carmen Vargas

Phone:

800-222-0118 x 19930

Fax:

201-995-1686

E-mail:

repair@leicacamerausa.com

I sent in some GeoVids back a bit. Service was very good, but it wasn't quick...

Scott

Patrick
05-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Outstanding, Scott! Thank you kindly, sir.

I'm not surprised about the time factor in getting it repaired, which is why I didn't expect to have it back for Rendezvous. I'm nevertheless pleased to hear you say they do good work. It's a superb instrument.

Smokepole
05-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Mine's a 900, but I'll bring it anyway. I expect to arrive Thursday evening.

flamingo 7
05-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Just a tragic reminder that once again we'll be missing out on the Mike The Headless Chicken Festival in Frutia, CO. Just one small bit of life changing information gleaned from around the stove in the 24 man. This truly is a gathering of renaissance figures.

Sandbrew
05-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Might be a little ashy up there. There's a fire buring in the area right now. Photos and details on the link

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=130761&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Sandbrew

Kmassaro
05-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Patrick, the other Kevin has an older Leica 1200. I can get it to you the week before, or I'd bet he'd get it to you, either way.

Patrick
05-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Kevin, looks like I'll be borrowing Jon Seim's Geovids, but thanks anyway, amigo. (The only problem with that is I might start to lust for a set myself, but oh well....)

I brought back from last year's Rendezvous three camp chairs. I'll bring 'em back out this year. Here is a description: #1) American flag motif; #2) Maroon color; #3) Camo coloring. Whoever owns 'em can claim 'em, or we'll just have some extras.

Re the fire in South Park, I can't tell for sure where it is, but I doubt it's at our Rendezvous site, which is NOT visible from where the photographs were taken.

Smokepole
05-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I think at least one or two of those chairs is mine, possibly all three.

Thanks for hauling them around.

mark s
05-10-2011, 02:56 PM
This being my first rondy, I'm not quite sure what to bring to share food wise? I'm often boring food wise on trips. Could bring some venison to grill, but not sure that I have anything special to do with it besides grill it. I was thinking of bringing some high-end Chinese hootch for something different. Any ideas would be most welcome!

mgutman
05-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Just got my email with info from Angie - Thanks Angie. I noticed a few of you who have either mentioned on the board or to me personally your intentions to attend not listed as an attendee. Make sure to let Angie know you're planning on coming! Looking forward to it. Got the little guy his first bow, so keep your heads on a swivel!

Patrick
05-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Some genuine military marksmen are joining us this year. Col. Robert K. Brown, founder and editor of Soldier Of Fortune Magazine will be attending for the first time. I've attended his famous Elk Camp for quite some time, and Col. Brown has finally been able to adjust his affairs such that he'll be on hand for the Kifaru Rendezvous. Those of you who know RKB and SOF Magazine are aware of his encyclopedic knowledge--from having been there--of war things over many decades.

Josh Pacquette, military shooting instructor, is coming. And bringing an amazing array of hardware. If ever you hankered to shoot a Fifty Cal. now is your chance. He'll also have plentiful Night Vision equipment. I've recently acquired NV myself--from Josh--and can report that it's astonishing how well it works; imagine hitting targets at 300 yards in pitch black darkness. Or we can light up the targets with the latest in weapon mounted illumination devices. Josh will be available for a Pistol Course, for those interested, to include firearms safety fundamentals.

Bottom line: in addition to bringing your elk guns and bows feel free to bring along those new "military" rifles! And any questions you've ever wanted to ask Col. Brown.

CCH
05-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Has a time been set for Timberline's Tribute? I'm coming up on Saturday and don't want to miss it. I'm bringing my Trapper to "show" him. Should have two to three boys in tow depending on whether Westy rides with me or not.

Patrick
05-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Chris, yes, the Tribute will be on Saturday---most likely around mid-day. Bring guns for everybody in your party; Scoutin' Wyo is hankering for a 50 gun salute. Oorah! Pretty thunderous Tribute indeed, if we can muster that many shootin' irons to the line. Should be heard clear to Jefferson.

Kmassaro
05-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Let's schedule it, so that folks can predict and manage their days.

CCH
05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Someone needs to get a video. Pics aren't going to do it justice.

Kmassaro
05-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Anything that has a 50 cal in it has to be good. The Rondy just keeps on getting better.

Patrick
05-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Maggie plans on video. Stills too. Documentary treatment.

OpsBulldog
05-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Man, that is AWESOME that Col. Brown is going to be there. I grew up in the 70's and 80's reading his exploits in SOF magazine.

watergun
05-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Some genuine military marksmen are joining us this year. Col. Robert K. Brown, founder and editor of Soldier Of Fortune Magazine will be attending for the first time. I've attended his famous Elk Camp for quite some time, and Col. Brown has finally been able to adjust his affairs such that he'll be on hand for the Kifaru Rendezvous. Those of you who know RKB and SOF Magazine are aware of his encyclopedic knowledge--from having been there--of war things over many decades.

Josh Pacquette, military shooting instructor, is coming. And bringing an amazing array of hardware. If ever you hankered to shoot a Fifty Cal. now is your chance. He'll also have plentiful Night Vision equipment. I've recently acquired NV myself--from Josh--and can report that it's astonishing how well it works; imagine hitting targets at 300 yards in pitch black darkness. Or we can light up the targets with the latest in weapon mounted illumination devices. Josh will be available for a Pistol Course, for those interested, to include firearms safety fundamentals.

Bottom line: in addition to bringing your elk guns and bows feel free to bring along those new "military" rifles! And any questions you've ever wanted to ask Col. Brown.

Hey everyone, my name is Josh Paquette and this is my first time on the boards here. Just a heads up on what Patrick said above, if you want to shoot the Barrett M82A1 .50 cal it will be $6.00 a shot, new manufacture ball ammo is $5.50 each round and the extra .50 cents goes towards maintenance and instruction :) If there are people who would like some basic pistol or carbine instruction I will be available for approx. an hour each day I am there (times will be determined when we are up there). I am a small arms instructor for the military and would be more than happy to help anyone who wants to hone their marksmanship fundamentals. As stated above there will be some excellent quality night vision available to look at and possibly demo up there at the campsite. However, to clarify, it will be my friend Hunter Hamilton who will be bringing all the Night Vision toys, he is actually my source that I used to get Patrick up in running with his NV setup. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Josh Paquette

Hasher
05-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh man now i got to drag out my 50 and my NV as well.

glad I git my expedition.

I will be bringing a 470 NE Double rifle but the factory ammo is $10 a shot and I have limited quantities.

I will be bribnging some other regular toys to play with as well.

flamingo 7
05-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Just a quick reminder that you won't have to pack anything for Sunday as the world will end at 1800 Saturday. At least that's what the billboard said. Can't think of a better crowd to go out with.

30mike06
05-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Guess that means bring good beer instead of cheap beer!
I forgot to ask the other day Are you bringing your Marlin 30-30?

Herb
05-16-2011, 01:29 PM
I hate to miss the Thunderous farewell to our dear friend, but I cannot make the trip this year. I think of Bill everyday and really wanted to tip a few back in his honor with Kifaru gang.

Everyone have safe travels and a wonderful weekend.

Cleve
05-16-2011, 06:33 PM
I had hoped to be able to sneak away for a day, even a few hours, to get up there, but work, church commitments, and life in general are just not cooperating to make it happen. I'll be thinking of you all and especially regret not being there for the salute to Bill. Have a grand time!

Kmassaro
05-16-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm bringing some trophy winning chili, but instead of elk, it's going to be wild hog.

Just bought most of the stuff, the rest I'll get tomorrow.

Probably 20 lbs of meat altogether, give or take a couple.

flamingo 7
05-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Mike, I'll be bringing the Marlin. Wow a 470, double, Kevin's chili...is that a stirring in my...er, ah nevermind.

CCH
05-17-2011, 11:39 AM
If flaming 7 is starting to have stirrings, I'm starting to have second thoughts... ;)

Kmassaro
05-17-2011, 10:18 PM
The first batch is cooking away overnight, so Flamingo 7, stir away.

It's smelling good.....got the crock pot going so I can not have to stay up for 3-4 hours extra to cook it.

Update: I've done quality control, and the first batch is pretty darn good.

Sawtooth
05-18-2011, 12:31 PM
This is shaping up to be one humdinger of a rendezvous! Can't wait!!!

ozarkrambler
05-18-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm leaving in about 3 hours, should arrive late tomorrow morning.

Duck and goose have been in the brine and should be ready to go on Friday.

Huntsman22
05-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Safe travels, ozark. I have a couple horses showing up for the boss. Don't know when yet, but the rondy is starting to look iffy for me this year....

CCH
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm leaving in about 3 hours, should arrive late tomorrow morning.

Duck and goose have been in the brine and should be ready to go on Friday.

Shush, don't go advertising the waterfowl.

singleshot
05-18-2011, 06:01 PM
We sent up a 30" square steel target with Patrick today. Does anyone know if that will work at 1000 yards? Too big or too small?

CCH
05-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Depends... Way too small for me. WAY too big for oldpinecricker. ;)

singleshot
05-19-2011, 08:17 AM
That's what I was thinking. Way too small for me and way too big for Smokepole's new custom barrels.

OpsBulldog
05-19-2011, 10:21 AM
anyone have any feedback on local conditions down there? Are we going to be up to our knees in mud?! If so, I gotta warn the Bulldog (the Lab will be in heaven!).

The Mrs. will be snickered having to wash the dogs when we get home!

Anyhow, how's it looking down there? Forecast said rain and snow up until Friday. Is the mud affecting the trail access to the campsite?

Kmassaro
05-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Look at cotrip.org. There are traffic cameras throughout the state. There's one at the turn off from the highway to the paved road. (I'm not naming the city here.)

It didn't look that bad this morning. Who knows how the campsite looks, but Patrick or Ozarkrambler may chip in with comments soon.

Sawtooth
05-19-2011, 12:23 PM
I talked to Patrick at around 8:00 AM this morning and he said it was wet and had been snowing pretty good last night.

mtnali
05-19-2011, 12:38 PM
UPDATE...
Just talked to the guys that are lucky enough to already be there. The weather is alternating between sun and snow. There is no wind (hooray!) and the roads are completely passable. I can't promise that all our pups wont be a muddy mess, but I bet they will have a blast!
See you all soon!

mgutman
05-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Just looked at the cams. Looks like a smattering of snow with a solid dose of wet! I'll make sure to pack an extra tarp or two. Might be a good excuse to go out and finally get some hippers or a pair of rubber boots! Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow evening.

OpsBulldog
05-19-2011, 06:45 PM
to anyone who knows the area; I'm pulling a 5x8 trailer with my camping gear and toys behind my Toyota FJ; should I have any concerns about the roads/trails? The FJ is a mountain goat with incredible 4WD, but the trailer is a single-axle, so I have my concerns...

Huntsman22
05-19-2011, 07:45 PM
You'll be fine. There is one iffy spot, but it can be straddled.....

Sawtooth
05-19-2011, 07:54 PM
The roads are decomposed granite, not sticky. It's still a crap shoot, but I'll bet that FJ will get in there no problem. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

GJZ
05-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Have a great time everyone!!!

OpsBulldog
05-19-2011, 10:29 PM
cool, we'll be there!

Scoutin' Wyo
05-20-2011, 08:44 AM
After Ethan's baseball game was rained out yesterday, we have a game on Saturday which is also picture day. So we will sadly miss out on this years Rondy. :(

I hope someone can take my place on the firing line Sat for the Timberline salute. Hopefully one of ya can do a two fisted cowboy pistol thing. I will be saluting ole Timberline Saturday at noon in a little league baseball diamond (sans firearm or course).

Have fun and PLEASE post pics!

Bushcraft
05-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately, I too will have to miss out on this year's CO Rondy.

I really wish I could have wedged it into my schedule and been there for the fun, the fellowship, the camaraderie and of course Bill's memorial volley, but it just wasn't in the cards for me time-wise this year. Happily, the Hill clan will be there to represent the Northwest contingent!

Someone please raise a cheer, whack that 1,000 yard gong, fling some pointy sticks and shoot a fine rifle for me on the line for Timberline. I'll be there in spirit and will be thinking of all you fine folks.

I'll echo Brian and request that many the picture be taken!

All the best,

Allen

CCH
05-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Gonna miss both of you guys. Maybe next year. Bushcraft, how about I throw a rock for you?

Bushcraft
05-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Chris,

Absolutely, but only so long as it is of an exacting size and shape, to be deemed suitable by the two GEICO reps in attendance.

Allen

CCH
05-20-2011, 06:55 PM
to be deemed suitable by the two GEICO reps in attendance.

I think I just sprained something. Missing you more already. :D