PDA

View Full Version : Best things about the small stove...

NYJim
04-09-2003, 07:02 PM
It's pretty light considering what it is. It can dump out the heat quickly. And this - http://www.pbase.com/image/15290157/large
(conditions outside - freezing rain/snow, inside 70-90 at head level /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif )

OliverG
04-10-2003, 05:59 AM
sweet! i haven't quite got the gumption up to cook inside the tipi but that sure looks nice...

Dennis in VA
04-10-2003, 11:35 AM
NYJim, you must have a 4 man tipi. I have a paratipi/ small stove set up and its a pretty tighs ship compared to the 4 man.

Dennis in VA
04-10-2003, 11:37 AM
tight ship ..

NYJim
04-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Yep that's in the 4-man. I will write up a seperate review, but we had two plus gear, plus, 3 days of wood, and black lab in the tipi that weekend with extra space to spare. Haveing a few back pack tents I know what a tent of that size is like to live in. Because I like to travel light it was hard not getting the para.

So far I have decided that I will limit my in tent cooking to no frying, or cooking meat. This is in black bear country with no gun, except for when their sleeping /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif .

That was the first ever time for me to try pizza in the back country and it came out great. What a treat!

-Jim