PDA

View Full Version : 12 Man tipis.

Bob
04-08-2003, 02:54 PM
How about some guys with 12 man tipis.Are they enormous.How many people have you had in a hunting party in one with all there gear.Am thinking of buying 12 man ultra and will have possibly up to 6 people and gear.Like lots of space.Would an 8 man handle 6 guys and gear ok.Thanks Bob

buck
04-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Bob,
I have an eight man and I think a good rule of thumb would be that the tipis can "handle" their number, if need be, but divide the number in half for the living room feel or when there's just a lot of tipi-time such as winter camping.

My opinion, anyway.

guy
04-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Bob, I would agree with Buck. I have had 5 in my 12 man and it is very liveable. You can however keep it to two or three and just about everything but the kitchen sink and have plenty of room.To do it though you do have to stay low to the ground.

Guy

Joe M
04-08-2003, 07:17 PM
I really can't believe that the 12 man ultralight isn't the most popular tent on earth. The get up and walk around space is incredible when you are weathered in for a few days. I could not imagine anyone being dissappointed with it. The little extra weight is minimal compared to the benefits of the extra living and storing area. It packs real nice. It looks a lot bigger than it carries.