PDA

View Full Version : Oz & srpingtime Bears

imported_Randy
04-08-2003, 06:22 AM
Hey guys,
We are definitely headed to Kodiak, I will be monitoring Oz's hunt reports to you. Someday I hope he informs you about our prehunt preparation. We have been on many an adventure together, but yesterday took the cake, "We were a well oiled machine" in fact thanks in part to the AK marine highway system we blew a head gasket, so to speak, and we had oil EVERYWHERE. Thank God we both married patient, understanding women or we would be dead. Will fill you in on the hunt in a couple of weeks as I have a "good vantage point" normally about 1/2 mile behind Oz!
Going into new country (for me) with a good rifle in hand and my ole companero, I'm stoked and have been enjoying reading your guys posts! R&R :p

VernAK
04-08-2003, 07:39 AM
This really sounds like some great adventure and I wish I were another half mile behind.....I thought there was hope for me when the guys in this forum started talking of "goat packing" but upon further study I realized they were not referring to "old goats".....oh well.....

This is a great opportunity and I wish R&R and OZ a successful and safe hunt.

My old hip boots need to be replaced....I would appreciate an update on the newest, latest and greatest in those horrible things.

Meanwhile, I will slip down to Baja and get you a fish dinner.....

Best of luck guys!

Oz
04-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Guys, I'll give you the rundown on the comedy of pre hunt antics when I come up for air after we return. Vern, having you along would be icing on the cake, but I'm not sure I could get a big enough shovel in the Beaver to handle all the BS coming out of a camp with the three of us in it. I'll have to settle for chest waders I guess! Until we return, Oz