PDA

View Full Version : KU 3700 Reduced My 3 Day Weight to 31lbs

ozarkrambler
03-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Loaded up my KU3700 this evening in anticipation of a 3 day hike/fishing ramble this weekend. When I finished I picked it up to set it on my work bench, and I thought to myself, man this sure doesn't feel very heavy. So I threw it on the scale and much to my suprise it weighed 31 lbs.

This includes Sleeping Bag, pad, Super tarp and Annex, Para-stove, cooking gear, rain gear, 4 dehydrated meals, 1 liter of water, fishing gear, Kit Bag with standard possibles and my S&W Mod 66 w/ 20 rds. There were a few other odds and ends like a FAK and water filter, but that pretty much sums it up. Not a lot of room for much else, maybe a jacket, but I can't really think of anything else a person might need.

I can't wait to head out. I think this pack is going to get a lot of use.

Ozark

I just thought of something else I could use. One of Patricks new UL chairs. I knew it was going to be good and that I was going to have to have one when I saw the wheels spinning in his head last fall while we were elk hunting.

sheep hunter
03-30-2011, 05:59 PM
What was your three day weight before?

ozarkrambler
03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Weight before was 36.5 lbs.

I know It doesn't sound that light, but it really seems to make quite a difference, and my load out really makes a plush camp.

sheep hunter
03-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Yea 5 plus pounds is substantial especially to us 50 plus year old hunters.

larryschwartz
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Five and a half pounds may not sound like much, but for this setup it is a 15% reduction in weight which is significant, at least in my book.

RosinBag
04-02-2011, 09:55 PM
What was your previous pack? Load outs being the same, the weight difference should only be the difference in weight from what you were using to your new UL.