PDA

View Full Version : Ultralights with removable Duplex Frame

Snow-Ape
03-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Hey, I'm usually just a lurker on these boards but I wanted to couch something with you folks regarding the ultralights... I love the idea and utility of a lightweight pack, especially since most of my Kifaru packs are from the Military Series... they're bomb proof but the nylon is heavy for short excursions where I don't need that kind of durability. Additionally... I LOVE my duplex frame. It's perfectly adjusted and I sleep with the thing on sometimes when in a harbor-site...

What I wanted to know is if anyone else would like to see the UL packs able to integrate with the duplex frame? Ya know, sold as a "bag" rather than a pack like alot of the military packs that I could pop onto my AG2 frame. Granted I know it will be heavier than the suspension system on the UL's as they exist, but I could use the same frame on both my packs for different uses... Like I said, just looking for input.

Mike

bjones
03-25-2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?23967-Future-Ultralight-Products&referrerid=10794

Hey Mike, I think a few folks on the above thread have suggested they'd be interested in an UL bag being made specifically for use on the G2 duplex frames.

I'm certainly one of those folks that'd be interested in an UL bag for my EMR frame. I'm guessing the always forward thinking people at Kifaru are already thinking up ideas for such an item. Perhaps after things settle down a bit from the UL line launch they'll start working on some prototypes...that is if they haven't already started working on one : )

Ben

FoldersUnite
03-27-2011, 10:14 AM
A KU bag to go with the existing Duplex frames would be incredibly welcome. Even better would be a KU Duplex frame with its own set of bags. Perhaps 3lb cargo hauler and 3.5lb KU longhunter type bag would be amazing. I'm going to wait to pull the trigger on KU products until this one goes online.

Snow-Ape
03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Agreed... I love my frame and would love to "match the bag to the job" while still using my broken in AG2 Duplex frame. Like I said since my bags are mostly in the military line, my weight savings would be epic for jobs when I didn't need all that heavy nylon.

Thanks for the support guys... and like Ben said... I'm sure Kifaru is already thinking about this too, I just needed to say it aloud and see that I'm not the only one looking for something like this.

Mike