PDA

View Full Version : coyote brown

Bob
03-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Love :rolleyes: the new color.Question i have is when it is lit up inside at night does it light up on the outside pretty good or is it quite a bit darker.Keep up the good work.

Patrick
03-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Hello Bob--

I really don't know yet; we pitched one in the daytime to get photos of it for the Site, then promptly shipped it to a customer. When we catch up enough to build a coyote tipi for ourselves we'll find out what it looks like with a lite inside when viewed from the outside.

fos
03-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Mine arrived yesterday (it may have been the one in Patrick's photo), and in view of your question I hung a headlamp in it last night out in the yard. Yes, it glows, but more subdued than a yellow or white tent would. It's a nice tent, pitches tight as a drum.

imported_Mark
03-26-2003, 08:46 AM
fos........congrats on your new tipi. Is that an 8 man? Also is it dark inside of the tipi with the new coyote brown? I sure like the looks of that color.

fos
03-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Mark -

No, it's a 4-man. The inside is much cheerier than you'd expect, more like being on the inside of a light cafe au lait than a brown cone. I think the reason it looks darker from the outside is that you're basically looking at two layers of fabric from the outside (the layer near you, and the layer on the opposite side of the tipi), whereas when you're inside there's only one layer of fabric between you and the light. I hope this makes sense.

Bob
04-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Thanks guys can,t hardly wait till i can order..Patrick keep up the good work..How low of an outdoor temp.can you go in a 12 man with only one stove and still be comfortable.Can,t believe that tipi light will last that long.How many bulbs are in it?Thanks again.Bob

Patrick
04-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Bob--

A single large stove will provide room temperature comfort in a 12 man tipi down to about 0 farenheit. Two stoves will take it much, much lower of course, and all 12 man tipis come with two stovepipe exits. Just for the record, Ed and I have developed a single extra large stove that should take the big 12 man to 40 below. It's not been introduced yet, as we aren't at all sure there's really a market for it--most guys seeming to find zero capability plenty. But I can fill you in with details on the extra large stove...weigh, cost, size, etc....if you're interested.

The tipi light has three top-of-the-line LED's augmented by an amplifying lens. It really won't provide full-tent illumination for 400 hours, more like a hundred to two hundred. But still useful beyond that, especially over the stove.

Bob
10-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey Patrick.Been a while since i,ve been here.Still have not sold my wall tent.Just getting ready for a moose hunt in northern ontario.Wish i had your 12 man.Oh well.Would like details on your extra large stove if still available.Thanks Bob

James H.
10-02-2003, 04:54 AM
Bob

I grew up in Timmins and hunted throughout a fairly large part of Northern Ontario including a couple of excursions north of Geraldton. Magnificent country!

Where will you be hunting? Send pictures and a story whether or not you get a moose! It will help alleviate the homesickness I feel for what was always affectionately referred to as "moose pasture". New Brunswick is a nice enough province but I sure miss the wide open spaces of Northern Ontario!

Best of luck!

James H.

Patrick
10-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Hi Bob, and welcome back--

We built an extra large stove(double the size of the present large), took it to the Elk Convention and got zero response. Folks seem plenty happy with the present stove sizes. End of story.