PDA

View Full Version : website improvements?

07-30-2002, 07:39 AM
good morning - just testing the board - if anybody finds errors or ways we can improve this site, please email me at gmdeluca@prodigy.net. Thanks for any and all input!
Maggie DeLuca, Kifaru, International

eggroll
07-30-2002, 10:13 AM
The biggest thing that I have noticed, is the lack of gutter space between the text and the craggly green border, and the repeating of the said border when displaying at resolutions higher than 1024*768

Also have you looked into using a SansSerif fontstyle like Arial, rather than a serif font for the body text?

the images are coming out REAL good

eggroll

snowdevil
07-31-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi Eggroll - thanks for your input. I'll address the margin issue one of these days soon, and the font thing is easy. Generally, I've stuck with serifed fonts because they are allegedly easier to read when there is a large body of text.
Maybe you can advise me on the repetitive NAV bar, though. Thought I had that thing "long" enough not to repeat, and I haven't heard of this problem 'til now. I suspect you're on a larger machine than most (?). Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help on that one.... Maggie.

eggroll
08-06-2002, 10:40 AM
I would also remove the large green first character off the starting paragraphs.

look at perhaps compressing the vertical height of
the navigation links. I am displaying at 1024/768 and not all of it is showing; you also may want to entertain looking over the order of presentation of items in the navigation.

egg