PDA

View Full Version : KU ship dates?

Big W
03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Its getting really close, i have a ship date of March 10th for my KU5200. What did you guys order and what are your ship dates?

Question for Mel or Patrick: Is KU production still on track? Will i be seeing a Kifaru box soon?

spoolup
03-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I have an expected 3-14 for a KU3700/ belt/ bottle/ 3string stuff sacks/ KU pods and long pockets BUT I also have a 0 slick and stuff sack on order too, I got a UPS email saying "kifaru shipped you something" and thought it was the 0 slick bag, BUT it has an expected ship date of 3-30 (just looked). SO something shipped early... Package should be here tomorrow.... guess Ill update with photos if mine is here already or if the slick bag just shipped a month early. Package is listed as 5lbs..... Cant wait either way, but I hope its a KU pack!

alaskalanche
03-06-2011, 11:15 PM
I ordered my KU5200 Feb 10th and expected ship date is May 6th. All I ordered with it extra was a grab it so we'll see when it shows up. Hope things are still on track as mine is an anniversary gift for my wife on May 10th ;)

Big W
03-06-2011, 11:25 PM
AKlanche, let us know how your wife likes the pack. None of the big hunting pack companies (MR, Kifaru, etc.) make a womens specific harness and waist belt. I would like to get one for my mother, would cut a bit of weight off of her Osprey that she currently uses and loves. She also has a MR dragon slayer for hunting but it does not fit her near as good as the Osprey.

wolfmen
03-07-2011, 02:57 AM
My ku5200 and other accessories will ship on mar 27.
A few years , I saw the Kifaru website has mention waist belt for man.
Still available now?

ozarkrambler
03-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I have a delivery date 3-8-11. It's looking like a good week for me and the wife. Might be able to put them to use next weekend.

stid2677
03-07-2011, 01:03 PM
I ordered a UL5200, UL E&E, UL Grabit and UL gunbearer, my ship date is 9 March. I received an email today saying they were putting it together and ask if I was right or left handed for the gun bearer. So I should see mine soon I would think. I also ordered an UL water bottle carrier and UL accessories pouch about a day after I ordered the pack and I received those items last week. It appears that they are running on time.

Hope to see some photos soon from all.

Steve

spoolup
03-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I was at work and UPS took the package with them, I have it held for pickup and just got off the phone with the lady, driver returns there at 1845, Ill be there at 1900, be back home within 20 minutes, and i'll report back hopefully by 1930..... the anticipation is killing me!

spoolup
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Well, it was the slickbag (still its UL right?) and stuff sack, not complaining since that what I originally thought it was, but I was hoping for a new pack! Great job to Kifaru for getting it almost a full munth early. Well, within 2 weeks or so Ill have the pack. But on the plus side we got 2 inches of snow in the last few hours. Gonna be a fun commute tomorrow. Anyways, as with all my other Kifaru bags (20 slick and 0 MOB), I am gonna like this, a 0* bag that weighs 3lbs exactly per my handy kitchen scale. NICE! And I am sure any of us Kifaru'ites with kids know that they dig the gear as much as we do, my daughter was like "daddy I want to lay in the bag please". Who could resist? Well soon soon soon till the KU gets here, I hope.

FYI for anyone on the fence over a slick bag, this is a standard width hall way in the typical suburban home, and this is a std width long bag. They really are nice and roomy. I just tested my 20* bag on the patio one night near that temp and was perfectly fine in a smartwool lightweight base layer, and socks laying on a Exped downmat 9 dx.

http://home.comcast.net/~utspoolup/slick01.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~utspoolup/slick02.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~utspoolup/slick03.JPG

ozarkrambler
03-08-2011, 09:47 AM
They have arrived!

Going out for a test run now.

Big W
03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Got a USPS tracking email yesterday, looks like it will be here tomarrow or the next. Hopefully i will get do some spring bear hunting so i can actually put it to the test.