PDA

View Full Version : MMR Question

Lightfighter71
12-18-2003, 07:22 PM
I have a couple of questions regarding the MMR and whether it is a good replacement for the army alice pack. Basically how well it will hold up in the sandbox, is it a good sized pack for stuffing approximately the same amout of gear as the large alice pack with a more comfortable ride, and how long it takes to get one of these packs from kifaru. I noticed the pack on a infantry website and thought I would check it out, but I'm looking for the right combo for a light fighter without crunching myself to death under too much hence the reason I'm looking at the MMR more than the larger pack kifaru sells.

Let me know your thoughts.

BuckarooMedic
12-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Lightfighter71 -

I don't know about the MMR, but I have a Navigator and can put the same amount of stuff in it that I used to put into my modified large ALICE rucksack. I would hazard a guess that one would have more than enough space with the MMR. BTW, I piggy back a Marauder on my Navigator. I use the Marauder as a combo 3-day/aid bag. This set-up works fine for me. Sometimes I do wish I had bought the MMR though, especially when it's time to cross-load team gear.

Hope this helps.

Take care . . .

Eagle6
12-19-2003, 01:04 PM
I would say the the MMR is more than up to the task, particularly when you compare the suspension systems. With the ability to add pockets with the dock & lock system (and to get them off fast as well), as well as other smaller packs such as the Marauder, a carry chair or the GunBearer system, you can't go wrong.

Dan
01-01-2004, 03:57 AM
I replaced my modified ALICE with a MMR - all I have to say is "why did I wait so long???!" A world of difference - to the better side. The MMR is the heat!!! Bulletproof construction - versatile to the extreme. I can put only a little in it and cinch it down so everything is secure - or max it out and throw on external pockets to really make it huge. And comfortable - oh yeah!!!

I'm thinking about getting a big heart tattoo with Kifaru written on the inside of it /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

ibtrdia
01-01-2004, 05:24 AM
]Dan[

Damn, you'll be the first few in line to get the Zulu one pack bro. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Dan
01-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Y'know - I feel like a walking comercial sometimes - but I can't help it. My wife was giving me heat when I first blew the cash on a MMR - that is until she got her hands on it. She actually said to me "well, I guess we won't be replacing this bag anytime soon". We had been killing bags every couple years through hard use so she was able to instantly see the true value of paying a little extra for a pack built so well. Heck - just add up the cost of a couple cheaper bags and after about 4 years your Kifaru will pay for itself /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Have fun!

Dan