PDA

View Full Version : New Kifaru Pack...

Kmassaro
02-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Here is advance video of the new Kifaru pack design. Patrick has outdone himself this time with a new pack that can finally hold all of your gear and meat. Perfect for the packrat that wants to go back in for extended times.

It's the Kifaru Flexible Upper...or KFU for short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15_vSETHQM0

William Clunie
02-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Can we get that in an Ultra Light package? I've got 153-pounds of gear that I usually bring along on remote backpacking trips and don't want the pack to weight too much. I'm an ounce-shaving fool, and will accept only the lightest of packs. Oh ya, I also want it to be tough as nails cause I'm really rough on gear. Sometimes my hunting partners get tired of carrying my stuff, and get abusive with my gear. That's the problem with going completely lightweight...lightweight hunting partners can't carry very much.

mountaintrek
02-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Can we get that in an Ultra Light package? I've got 153-pounds of gear that I usually bring along on remote backpacking trips and don't want the pack to weight too much. I'm an ounce-shaving fool, and will accept only the lightest of packs. Oh ya, I also want it to be tough as nails cause I'm really rough on gear. Sometimes my hunting partners get tired of carrying my stuff, and get abusive with my gear. That's the problem with going completely lightweight...lightweight hunting partners can't carry very much.

The reason they are abusive is because you do not wear those special ultralight shorts the guy had on !

William Clunie
02-24-2011, 09:24 AM
The reason they are abusive is because you do not wear those special ultralight shorts the guy had on !

Some here have promoted going ultra-lightweight with a thong, but gear like that has already been tested and proven too lightweight--like Crocs.

flamingo 7
02-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Will that pack take a large pod on top? I need somewhere to cerry my Crocks.

snakey2
02-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Would it be wise to mount the cargo chairs as low as possible or will they carry ok up top? Will it accept multiple gun bearers so I can have my back-up to my back-up's back-up rifle close by?

Kmassaro
02-24-2011, 10:42 AM
With this new design, Patrick is also introducing the Crocpod, an external carrier for a pair of large Crocs that attaches to the belt or side of the pack.

It also contains room for a spare thong.

William Clunie
02-24-2011, 11:42 AM
With this new design, Patrick is also introducing the Crocpod, an external carrier for a pair of large Crocs that attaches to the belt or side of the pack.

It also contains room for a spare thong.

I'm sure anyone carrying Crocs or thongs could gerry-rig a pod to carry their ultra-light latte maker, too. Just sayin'...

snakey2
02-24-2011, 11:50 AM
I can see a couple of UL latte holsters for some stainless travel mugs but a latte maker, even UL, is way too heavy for my taste. I'd rather save that weight for something necessary like a double rifle in .500 nitro or the like. Dare I think that a UL Kifaru logo thong is in the works?

William Clunie
02-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I can see a couple of UL latte holsters for some stainless travel mugs but a latte maker, even UL, is way too heavy for my taste. I'd rather save that weight for something necessary like a double rifle in .500 nitro or the like. Dare I think that a UL Kifaru logo thong is in the works?

Snow peak has the U/L latte maker. And the U/L thong? Sil/nylon or cordura? D rings or cinch straps? You could also forego the weight of the .500 and use the thong as a weapon, like a sling. So many possiblities...

sab
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
...use the thong as a weapon, like a sling...

And the tactical thong (tacti-thong?) is born...