PDA

View Full Version : KU Koala Questions

Conrad
01-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Can the X-harness be switched up by reversing the attachment points such that you can wear the koala on the back, basically like the shoulder strap kit? Or do you need to get the shoulder strap kit? Will the other various attachment kits (shoulder straps, shoulder slinkgs) on the military koala connect to the KU Koala as well?

Also, can the KU Koala be attached to any suspension belt, and if so which ones? Or will it only mount to an omni belt?

It is simple enough to attach the Koala to a 2200 or 3700 as an organizer pocket if not wearing it on the packs straps up front with the lift system?

Thanks,
Conrad

Mel
01-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey Conrad, it is possible to carry the Koala on the back with just the X-Harness, but I wouldn't recommend it. It is hard to get into especially when wearing heavier clothing or other gear, and there is no adjustment capability once it is on your back. So, you must get it adjusted before putting it on. It's also not all that comfortable. If you want to carry the KU Koala on your back you should get the dedicated shoulder strap kit. You can see what it looks like in this mode in the pics in the link below.

The standard Koala attachment kits will not work on the KU Koala.

You must use the KU Koala Omni/Lumbar belt on the KU Koala. That is not the same as a standard Omni Belt as you can see in the link below.

You would have to use the KU Lash Kit straps somehow to attach it to a KU pack.

Here is the link to the Koala with lots of pics: http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?20128-New-Koala!!!&highlight=koala+live

Mel

Conrad
01-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi Mel,

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the KU Koala webpage is not showing all of the KU accessories (shoulder straps, shoulder sling, omni belt) for it? Are these items we need to call in to request when ordering since it is not on the webpage yet? Good to know that the military harnesses, belts etc. won't attach to the KU version. Can we not dock and lock it via common loops to the outside of a pack?

Thanks,
Conrad

Patrick
01-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Hello Conrad, all the KU Koala accessories will come on line as we get further into the KU Program. We're very busy producing the basic packs for now, but eventually the same components available for the standard Koalas will be available for the KU versions. We'll put them up on the website, and alert everybody right here when they come on line. Incidentally, KU Koalas can be affixed to PALS webbing packs and vests now, just get some Malice clips and you're good to go.

Conrad
01-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Awesome. I look forward to it!

thewolverine
01-31-2011, 12:16 PM
possibly a handwarmer for the KU koala? :) :)

Patrick
01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
wolverine, of course!

Reid
02-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Dear Patrick, so is there a plan to have the Koala fit onto a UL 5200 (or 3700 / 2200) waist belt? That would be such a perfect set up for spike camping out of the bigger pack...you know us Archery hunters always wanting freedom of upper body motion for stalking and shooting...I sure hope so.... ;-)

Conrad
02-25-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree! And am hoping for the same!