PDA

View Full Version : Newfoundland

Mayflower
02-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Has anyone ever considered hunting in Newfoundland, Canada?

bigbore442001
02-20-2003, 12:52 AM
I have but due to the nature of my employment, I am unable to take any time off during the fall hunting seasons for any kind of trips like that. That is why 99% of my hunting is within 20 miles of my home.

I do go on big game trips but they are few and far between.

James H.
07-31-2003, 08:59 PM
Mayflower

I would love to hunt Newfoundland, being in the neighbourhood as it were, but the cost of all the outfitters I have checked with have been out of my league. I asked the MNR if I could simply hire a licenced guide and outfit myself but I never got a reply. Is that doable?

I have had the good fortune of backpacking in Gros Morne and getting up close and personal with all manner of woodland caribou and moose on those trips. On my first trip I was by myself and had no schedule but my own. I had a blast. On my second trip I was taking a group of people who were 10 years younger than me. We ran through the trip I had planned for seven days in five and a half. I lost 10lbs and two toe nails. Not fun at all.

Where are you at in Newfoundland?

JimR
08-01-2003, 04:53 PM
I hunted there with Parsons Pond Outfitters in 1998. Had a good time and may go back to Newfoundland to hunt again.