PDA

View Full Version : Cots

Ken C
02-17-2003, 07:50 PM
How many cots could you comfortably fit into the 8 man? Three or four? Has any one ever used cots in the tipi?

MikeM
02-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Ken, you might want to call Kifaru on that question they probably have a pat answer. Never tried it but by guess would be if they are normal size, somewhere about 18 inches high then I would think two would be the max for comfort. You would start getting too close to the walls or block up your door ways. If you tried some short ones that are close to the gound (8 inches) then you might fit 4. If cots are the way you go then you might want to consider the 12 man. Again Kifaru could probably offer suggestions.

Patrick
02-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Ken--

Well we at Kifaru do not have a pat answer on cots-per-tipi. We've never used 'em as we come from a backpacking background rather than a car camping one. I think Mike has it about right tho. 2 for tall cots; 4 for short ones. And yes, a 12 man would be best.

There are some superb sleeping bag pads around these days. Very comfy. You might want to check it out--sleeping right on the ground. My colleagues tell me I'm a certified geezer now and I'm still very comfy on the ground. My pads have gotten thicker over the years, I'll admit! I tried cots a time or two but I can't cotton to the sway-back feeling. I like things flat!

Patrick