PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Sawtooth Outfitters?

Dale Lindsley
02-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Does anyone on the board have experience with Sawtooth Outfitters out of Alta Lake in Washington State. I'm hoping to do a drop camp for deer this coming fall and the Sawtooth area looks good on a map and in pictures. I've spoken briefly to some folks who used this outfitter but didn't ask them very intelligent questions about the experience. Just thought I'd check here before plunging ahead with reservations.

Ridgerunner
02-19-2003, 06:14 PM
A contact of mine has a friend who has used them, they went 0-4 first year and 3-4 second year on the high hunt. I have a brochure from them that details out each of their camps by location, miles in, and terrian. Let me know if you are interested in seeing it.

Dale Lindsley
02-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the information. I will get one of those brochures from the outfitter. I am pretty well commited at this point. We're going in for the regular deer season. Mid-October at 7000 feet in Central Washington should be a lot of fun.

Ridgerunner
02-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Let me know how it turns out, should be a good hunt. I have heard that the season is going to be extended by 5 days this year, I would try and get the last part of the season to be packed in if I were you.

Dale Lindsley
02-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Where did you hear that? I've looked on the wdfw website and I don't find a hint.That would be nice.