PDA

View Full Version : Pack sizing and a couple other questions

Travis
12-29-2010, 09:35 PM
I looked through the existing posts but couldn't find any reference to these.

How do I know what stay length to order? This will be my fifth Kifaru pack but I'm not sure what to order.

Has the hole for the hydration bladder been sized large enough for the Camel back winter cap/cover to slide through the hole. I like to have the cover on the bite valve but every pack I own has too small of a hole for it to fit through.

Last but not least, has anyone who has tested the side bags tried to fit a Swaro STS 65 spotting scope into one of the side bags. I'm kind of hoping one of those might be adequate to stow my spotting scope.

thanks

Aron Snyder
12-29-2010, 10:45 PM
I can fit my Swaro ATM 65 as well as my tripod inside the long pocket, so you should not have a issue.

The whole for the hydration hose will have plenty of room to fit the attachment that you are talking about. It will take a little manipulation, but I got the same thing to fit pretty easy.

I don't know what your torso length is, so I don't know what stay length you need.

Travis
12-29-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm 6'-1 I'm guessing I need the 24". Does that sound about right?

Thanks for the help

Mel
12-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Hey Travis, the info you need is on the KU pack pages in the lower menu bar at the bottom of the page. Just click onto "Stays" and you'll find what you need.

Mel

Travis
12-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Mel,

One last question, can I have Power Pulls added?

I just placed my order for the 3700 and noted in the comments that I would pay whatever extra cost for the Powerpulls. That's one of my favorite things on my Kifaru packs.

Can you tell me, is it possible to have them added?

Mel
12-30-2010, 04:00 PM
The shop cannot do any type of custom work, and power pull is not an option.

Mel

wolfmen
12-31-2010, 09:03 AM
i also have question about the wasit belt.

The belt is interchangeable? can i use my EMR belt or ZXR belt on KU5200?

thank you
wolfmen

Mel
12-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Hey Wolfmen, the waistbelts are not interchangeable.

Mel