PDA

View Full Version : Hydration Bladders?

flamingo 7
12-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Hydration Pockets?

Does the KU line have water bladder sleeves for the various hydration bladders? I had pretty much decided to get a G2 Late Season when the UL’s came out. After looking over the various threads, I can’t find any mention of an internal pocket for a water bladder but note the addition of water bottle holsters and attachments for said holsters. I do remember a rather long conversation regarding bladders, bottles and the Koala. Does this reflect your personal preference for bottles over bladders, or a weight saving measure?
While I was initially looking at the 3700, making the comparisons, shows the KU 3700 & KU 5200 quite close; 4 oz and 40$ get’s you 1500 cubic inches of space, and the ease with which my Long Hunter Guide compresses leads me to the conclusion that the KU 5200 might be the better choice.
There is a down side to this. I’m a terrible over packer. If I’ve 5200 c.i. of space I have to take medication to prevent me from using it all on a warm day’s jaunt to go pick up the paper. I think that comes from packing for redeployments. It doesn’t matter how much “stuff” you accumulate, it all seems to fit into the number of duffle bags you’ve been allotted…just. Additionally, while the $40 isn’t much I’ve already sold my second kidney and all the liquor stores and pawn shops know my truck by sight and the cops have the house marked as a way point.

Ed T
12-29-2010, 12:58 PM
flamingo,

The do have hydration bladder sleeves.

flamingo 7
12-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks Ed, don't know how I missed it.