PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Patrick Kifaru video

NoviceCamper
12-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi, I've been looking and reading this forum for some-time now. Can someone please help me locate a video of Patrick as he was backpacking, camping an unnamed lake and doing some fly fishing with a friend? I just enjoyed the whole vid and I wanted to share it with my wife.

Thanks

Ernie

billybass
12-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Here is part 2 of the goat packing trip, not sure if that is the one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kifarutube#p/u/8/HxoxSM3DWGs

NoviceCamper
12-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Awesome video, just not the one I was looking for.... There was just Patrick and another fella, they were backpacking an unnamed lake and a 4 man tipi with stove. Patrick's friend was filmed fly flishing ,the quality of vid was good and the scenery was amazing. I'm not sure how I ran into it, it's one I havent seen before and I cant seem to find it.

Thank you billybass,

Maybe Patrick can chime in.

gonehuntn
12-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Haven't seen the video but I know where they were. Try sending Sawtooth a PM.

Sawtooth
12-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi, I've been looking and reading this forum for some-time now. Can someone please help me locate a video of Patrick as he was backpacking, camping an unnamed lake and doing some fly fishing with a friend? I just enjoyed the whole vid and I wanted to share it with my wife.

Thanks

Ernie

Hello, Ernie. I'll try my best to help out here. There have been a several videos shot and posted of what you describe. I've looked at both Kifaru's and my own You Tube channels, and haven't come up with it, but I'll keep at it. It was undoubtedly a ramble that Patrick and I did, but I'm not sure of the year. Perhaps you can tell me if you know? Thanks!

NoviceCamper
12-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Hi Sawtooth,

Not sure of the year, I know there was some wording to the video along with voice recording of Patrick. Wording said something similiar to "camping and fishing on an unnammed lake". You were laying down in the 4 man tipi/stove, with a hat on your face and arms folded, had a tan flyfishing shirt on and was filmed with a flyrod fishing on the unnammed lake. Thats pretty much the content of the vid, it was about 4 mins long.

Thanks for looking into it for me, I know the rest of the forum members would love to see the video.

Ernie

Sawtooth
12-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Ahhh, that was shot on Independence Day in 2007, I think. I'll dig some more.

larryschwartz
01-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Sawtooth,

I think that it was originally posted here in one of Patrick's early posts. Here is the URL: http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?10714-Wild-Basin-Ramble-2

Unfortunately, it isn't there anymore when I tried the link. Maybe they have it stored somewhere in an archive.

Nate3d
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Search "Kifaru July Ramble" on YouTube. I edited the video and posted it years ago before we had our own Kifarutube channel.

Vernon
01-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Nice video, hadn't seen that one before. What is the song at the beginning?

Sawtooth
01-12-2011, 07:44 PM
It's "The Legend of Jeremiah Johnson", sung by Tim McIntire (theme song from the movie). Thanks for working over the raw footage, Nate! That ramble was a hoot, and I can't begin to tell you guys how beautiful and remote that place is. I don't we say a soul for days. It was early July, and we still had a LOT of snow in places. I remember kicking steps in a huge, steep snowfield for probably hundreds of feet. It was also one of the earliest vids Patrick and I shot in the backcountry.