PDA

View Full Version : Tipi Colors

Ken C
02-06-2003, 06:14 PM
Is the new Tipi color Lt. brown available? What is the ETA?

Patrick
02-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Ken--

We are supposed to take delivery of the fabric on Feb. 14, and will begin immediately building brown tipis as we have orders for them now. First actually shipped will probably be...second week in March, or thereabouts.

Patrick

02-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Will the brown be available in the ultra light fabric?

Also Is there a benifit to this color over white or gold?

Patrick
02-07-2003, 10:42 AM
Hello Mark--

Yes, the Coyote Brown will be available in Ultralight fabric. In fact, only that fabric.

The only "advantage" is more stealth, which we have requests for. In other words, it will be less visible in the woods, on the tundra, etc.

Patrick

Ken C
03-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Is the Coyote Brown fabric in stock?

Ken C.

Patrick
03-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Ken--

It arrived just today! We are already cutting tipis out. Yes, our supplier was a bit late.

Patrick

Ken C
03-07-2003, 04:28 AM
Great, because I ordered an eight man tipi. Have you considered sewing tabs on the tent at the set back points? It seems to me that this could make pitching the tipi even easier.

Ken

Patrick
03-07-2003, 07:27 AM
Hi Ken--

Well, your 8-man is underway now--hang in there.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "tabs". When you receive the tipi you'll see that you use one of the 10" pegs for the set-backs. I think you'll find it easy, and simple. Let me know then if you still have "a better idea". And thanks!

Patrick

OliverG
03-07-2003, 04:17 PM
the "tab" idea is to sew your little orange loop at the appropriate setback point in the seam (although i'm not sure there is a seam on the side setback). that way, instead of measuring with the peg (or sst pin) you simply note where the orange loop lays and peg there.

i've attached proper lengths (48" and 13" i think) of parachute cord to the stake loops and use that to get my setback (hey, i'm easilly confused <g>).

Oliver...

Ken C
03-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Thanks, for the cord idea. It would accomplish the same thing as the tabs. I will try the cord idea when I get my Tipi.

Ken

Patrick
03-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Oliver, Ken--

The cord idea is pretty good. Remember to stretch it, tho. The problem with tabs on the tent itself is that the tent is blousy except at the edges; hence you have to stretch, and remember to do it, to get the true set-back distance. But if it's a cord, and you simply push it to it's end--which is the natural inclination--you'll get get the correct distance. Like I said--good idea. You guys are thinking out there! BTW, you do know that the set-backs are on tyvec, sewn into the tipi, right?

Patrick

Patrick

OliverG
03-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Patrick:

that tyvek destruction sheet sewn into the stuff sack was/is a terrific idea! of course the bloomin' tipi is so simple that it isn't really necessary but it's great to know it's there. wish my old moss olympic had that instead of the slowly disintegrating piece of paper (could never remember if the long pole went over or under the shorter ones <g>).

thanks,

Oliver...