PDA

View Full Version : More Pocket Questions

marinesar
12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Just wanted to expand on some of the pocket questions in other threads.....I currently own the G1 Longhunter Guide Model and am thinking I need a KU setup like the one shown in the picture on the Dock and Lock web page, a KU pack with side long pockets, and maybe add an E&E to the back. With this material looking very slick and having the pockets attach with buckles, do these pockets slide and/or move around on the pack any? One of my favorite things about my LH is the fact everything fits inside and there is nothing to move around or get caught on things. Am I going to have an issue with a smaller pack with pockets attached to the outside? Do the external pockets make a nylon on nylong rubbing sound as you walk? Thanks for any insight you can provide...

marinesar
01-13-2011, 10:30 AM
I asked this question some time ago, got some views but no responses. If this is a stupid question, let me know that as well but I would sure like to hear some real world experience regarding use of the pockets and how they work with the new material. Thanks.

Patrick
01-13-2011, 10:50 AM
marinesar, I'm going to have to answer this as none of my field testers had any pockets when they were using the packs. The pockets attach very securely, and are in fact compressed into place. They don't move and they don't rub around on the host pack--no noise.

There ya go....