PDA

View Full Version : KU Koala

Robbie
12-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Looks like in the picture the main compartment only has hangers for a chamber pocket. The weight savings is the same as my S&W 342 or half a Glock 19. Are there any dummy cord loops? Any comments on how in the chest carry mode it compares to the regular. I think the reduction in weight would be quite noticible. Hope these questions make sense. Thanks Robbie

Patrick
12-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Robbie, that's a good catch. Photo sample didn't have them but they'll be in there--same as the standard model.

The KU version carries exactly the same as the standard model. Yep, just lighter.

Robbie
01-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Couple more questions.
1. Can you attach the holsters in the weapon compartment. I noticed in the video you didn't use one with your revolver.
2. Will the lift kit work with non KU Kifaru packs?
Thanks Robbie

Patrick
01-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Hello Robbie,

1) Yes, the KU Koala will accept holsters and magazine holders, etc. I just didn't use a holster for that revolver you saw in the video.

2) Yes again, the Lift Kit will work with any pack that has lifter straps. "Ideally" 3/4" webbing, but it will still work with 1" webbing on the host pack--just stuff the 1" web into the 3/4" common loop at the top of the Lift Kit straps and pull them down to the stopping location; once there it doesn't matter that they're "tight" as regards the webbing they're mounted on.

Robbie
01-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Patrick, Thanks. Robbie

Andy_in_NH
01-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Patrick,
Please bring a KU Koala (and other UL gear if you wish) to the ECR.

Thanks, Andy

Robbie
03-17-2011, 05:25 PM
So to make a short post longer. Patrick did bring a KU Koala to the ECR. The Koala was something when it first came out was something I didn't think I "needed". Come to find out it looks like the hot ticket. I tried the one Patrick brought to the ECR. I ordered on Feb 16 it arrived today. My M29 6.5 in "just" fits. As a marketing thingme I would put the handwarmer pouch on the same page as an option. I had thought about it later and when I got it today I wish I had ordered it. But there will be "another" order. Thanks for anserwering my questions and for a quality product. Take care Robbie

Take-a-knee
03-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks Robbie, I have a 4in 629 so it's good to know that'll fit fine in a Koala.