PDA

View Full Version : Additional info on KU products

spoolup
12-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Well... I am going to get my rear handed to me by the misses, but I just ordered a KU3700, 2x tp zip long pockets, 2 med pods, gunbearer, water bottle pouch, straps and buckles and a belt pouch.

However on the website, they do not list the measurements or the capacity of the KU belt pouch. I see they listed size and capacity to both possibilty pouches, and even in the pop up window, they mirror this same pattern.

Can you add or atleast list the size/ capacity of the belt pouch? I like my stash-its on the G2 .mil packs, and wanted something like that. Hopefully I chose the correct pouch.

Again, thank you Kifaru on extending and adding to your product line. If I use my regulator bag and either the supertarp/paratipi/ sawtoothand the Ku3700. I will have under 10lbs of gear. Concidering the ZXR was nearly that, added to the Wiggys bag and some misc shelter I am saving bookoo weight. Thank you again.

Patrick
12-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi spoolup, this post is timely, as we're working on final tuning on the Belt Pouch as I read this. It's a tricky little bugger--has to fit all three sizes of waistbelts, operate with one hand, and hold the right stuff--particularly for adventure running. As of now the nominal dimensions are around 9x4x2 inches. That may change but not much. We'll get those blanks filled in soon. Maybe a week from now as we're trying get hold of the latest water flask for final sizing.

What's this about the same image as the Possibles Pouches? You mean the site shows a Possibles Pouch as being representative of the Belt Pouch?

Your planned gear package looks spot-on. In that regard Maggie plans to have a seperate section on the site for all our truly UL gear--the packs, tipis, bags, garb--to show the Package possibilities. That's coming asap.

spoolup
12-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the dimensions Patrick. As for the missrepresentation, no, I just noted that only the possibles pouch had size/ capacity, the waist bet pouch did not, neither on their own page, nor the pop-up summary window. Think the size is great. Ill stick with it then. Thank you again for the speedy response.

I really think Ill be in the doghouse after "she" see another box come in. Oh well easier to ask for forgiveness than permission right!

Patrick
12-16-2010, 03:35 PM
spoolup, you're so right about that forgiveness/permission thing!

Shortdraw
12-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Maybe, on special request, Patrick could have boxes labeled "Victoria's Secret" or "Neiman Marcus." Of course, that would only buy you time!

steveb
12-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Not much, I'm afraid! I'm going to experiment with my Tactical packs the next couple of months to determine which KU pack is right for my 'ultralight loadout'.
I'm guessin it will be the 2200 or 3700, depending on how many UL pouches I want to attach.

Congrats Patrick, on the groundbreaking designs! Great idea of putting all of the UL gear together in a seperate section.