PDA

View Full Version : powerpull on new ultralights?

hardworkingman
12-16-2010, 11:09 AM
from the looks of the photo's, the belts tighten the way the G1 hunting packs did, or am I mistaken? If thats the case can they be ordered with the powerpull feature? No powerpull would be a deal breaker for me.

Mel
12-16-2010, 11:53 AM
There is no power pull option on the KU packs.

Mel

hardworkingman
12-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Mel, can you explain why there is no powerpull option. I dont think I am the only one that thinks this system was a major upgrade from the old way of pulling toward the rear. I know I can get the belt much tighter pulling forward, and for me a tighter belt translates into more weight on the hips and hence a heavier load!

AndyL
12-16-2010, 01:01 PM
I too really like the power pull on the belt, I was wondering if these work with the belts from the other packs.

Ed T
12-16-2010, 01:20 PM
I was at first disappointed at the lack of power pull on the 5200 -- that is until I tried it. It cinches up easily as well as any of the G2's with power pull. I think the reason is the lighter materials simply cinch up better.

I'm guessing the reason for not using them is weight related.

Ed T

RockChucker30
12-16-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm guessing the reason for not using them is weight related.
Ed T

I bet you're right Ed. Grams make ounces and Patrick had to cut a lot of grams to get below the 3 lb mark.

Patrick
12-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Gents, Ed T has nailed it. We have been ruthless about weight, and the PP didn't make the cut.

It is really not much of a sacrifice though, because as Ed points out the webbing we are using grips quite well. You can cinch just as tightly as you like.