PDA

View Full Version : Timberline Pack?

Mark
12-15-2010, 10:31 PM
I noticed the names of the new packs are KU and a number. In one of Bill's last posts he said that he could hardly wait until Wednesday to see the Ultralight lineup. How about honoring him by naming one of the new packs after him? Or maybe all three. The Timberline I, Timberline II, and Timberline III.

Take-a-knee
12-15-2010, 10:41 PM
I noticed the names of the new packs are KU and a number. In one of Bill's last posts he said that he could hardly wait until Wednesday to see the Ultralight lineup. How about honoring him by naming one of the new packs after him? Or maybe all three. The Timberline I, Timberline II, and Timberline III.

EXCELLENT IDEA! I have no doubt that he'd have modeled a 3700 standing on some high CO ridge next hunting season.

stid2677
12-16-2010, 01:30 AM

+1, what a great Idea, I also read that post.

Steve

Ken
12-16-2010, 03:35 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I'd bet that he'd have ordered a 3700 by now...

RockChucker30
12-16-2010, 05:12 AM
I think it would be fitting. Honor the man who loved the high and deep by giving his name to the gear designed to go to those places and do the things he loved.

ppfd
12-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Super idea!

SLG
12-16-2010, 08:20 AM
When I heard Bill died, one of my first thoughts was that he was going to miss the new packs. Given his interest in light gear, and the distances he frequently covered on hunts, I have to believe that he'd have jumped all over these. Naming one or more after him would certainly be nice.

Patrick
12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Good morning gents.

I'm only just now--well a few minutes ago--getting back to the Board (I won't go into the story), and am sitting here pondering this wonderful gesture on your parts. I like it! In fact I love it! But (yeah there's a "but" here) this freight train is well out of the station and has been heading across the plain for many days. Apparently the name KU (insert the current names for the three packs) are well known by thousands of folks across the Internet at this point--folks who do know our beloved Bill. I am going to have to abide by what my brain tells me is a well-nigh impossible task--changing names at this late date--and say this: Timberline will absolutely be a proud name on a future Kifaru piece of gear. I will know the piece--or pieces--when I get there. You may count on this. Mark, your suggestion is very much appreciated, and will be honored. Thank you very much.

I have to go: I'm going to give Kifaru Staff a "show and tell" on all the new KU line. Will get back to the Board this afternoon....