PDA

View Full Version : Question about Hand Warmer pouch

davesuvak
12-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Mel,

In the KU Lock’n Load section it says that the older 1”-based L&L items will work with the new KU version. Does that mean that the Hand Warmer and Handgun Bearer pouches will work on the KU packs? What about the Cargo Chair and the old Grab-it?

Thanks

Mel
12-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Davesuvak, not sure about the Hand Warmer and Handgun Bearer pouches from the hunting side, but the Cargo Chair and standard Grab It will not. They are not Lock n Load items which attach to webbing channels. They use 1" 3-bar sliders to connect to common loops and triangles for their attachment.

Mel

rijrunr
12-21-2010, 09:51 AM
I would also like to know if my standard hand warmer pouch will "fit" on the KU 5200. Thanks, rijrunr

Ed T
12-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Derrick & Dave,

The handwarmer pouch/handgung bearer pouch will not work on the UL without some modification. The shoulder strap adjuster & sternum strap buckles on the KUL aren't wide enough to accept the 1" 3-Bar sliders.

It will work by sliding a "slik-clip" into the loop of the webbing above the 3-Bar slider and then fastening the "slik-clip" onto the shoulder strap.

Ed T

rijrunr
12-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks Ed. I am not familiar with a "slik clip". Is this an arrangement you have tried? I am quite fond of my handwarmer pouch in November. I would love to try one of the KUL's- being able to get the handwarmer on it when the weather is nasty would be a plus. Take care, Derrick

davesuvak
12-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Ed,

Thanks for the info on the slik-clip. Since the straps on the handwarmer/handgun bearer are 3/4" I was wondering if I could replace the male buckles on my handgun bearer with the male buckles from the KU lash kit. This would allow them to connect to KU female components which I assume can be attached to the KU shoulder straps. Do you think this would work?

Also I notice your location is Helena, MT. I'm not too far away in Kalispell.

Dave

Ed T
12-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Derrick,

If you scroll down to the repair kit, you will see the slik-clips.
https://kifaru.net/kits.html

Dave,

I think that would work. I will be playing around with a bunch of the KU accessories pretty soon.
If you ever get to Helena let me know and I'll buy you a beer!

I also would expect to see a connector option for the Handwarmer pocket down the road not too far and hope to see a UL version of the Handwarmer sometime in the future.

davesuvak
12-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Ed,

Thanks again for responding to my questions. I'll let you know the next time I'm in Helena and the second one will be on me.

Dave