PDA

View Full Version : Patrick,, "Stuff and Things"

Nevada Dan
01-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Patrick, I kept getting an Error message when trying to post a reply to your "Stuff and Things" So here's a the post:Patrick,

Wow, as a fireman I never thought of myself as having a much in the way of “internet savvy”. Thanks for your complements. Just like Tim, I learned by asking questions and getting advice from on the internet. With the new format I suspect the Kifaru forums are really going to take off.

Something you may want to discuss with the “SnowDevil” is the addition of a test forum, named just that. (Or it could be combined with the “Stuff and Things” forum your thinking about). It would be a place where your clientele could practice and experiment with posting technique (pictures), explore posting ideas, explore potential, etc. This would provide a place for people to learn and experiment without feeling like they are gumming up the regular forums with mistakes. Real World- I don't know the cost factors and it that light, it may not be a good idea.

Now to see if your new forum format allows surveys complete with voting and automatic tallies. I'll bet it does, but first, to learn the technique...

Patrick
01-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Nevada--

I imagine Maggie (Snowdevil) will read your above post, but I'll make sure she does. Heady stuff. Biggest problem she'll have will be to instruct your's truly in such stuff. In any event, thanks for stretching the envelope!

Patrick

snowdevil
01-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Nevada Dan - thanks for your input, and the photos. The replies all should be working properly - the thing was a bit buggy early this morning. I'll see what I can do about a "test" section of the boards... Maggie.